PDA

View Full Version : Nissan, Patrol DX GU IV - Hubs wont budge (NOOB)

justdave
19th April 2012, 08:07 PM
Hey Guys,

I am a complete noob and dont know anything about 4 x4 except i love them haha

I just bought my first one today and i have this little patch of dunes near my house that i wanted to play around on as im excited for my first 4beee

Wen i go to lock the front hubs they wont budge, i dont know if im a noob and need some kind of tool but im pretty sure that they should just spin into lock.

Can someone give me any ideas why these wont budge

Benno7
19th April 2012, 08:17 PM
Yeah mate they should turn in to the lock position nice and easy. The locking hub may have too much grease in there or or none and could be seized.
Best thing to do is pull them off and have a look.

growler2058
19th April 2012, 08:17 PM
Are they manual locking hubs or do or auto
The manuals are just a turfn to lock from free but the auto need the wheelbrace to lock i believe

justdave
19th April 2012, 08:21 PM
Hey guys they are manual hubs complete wont budge would you recommend given them a hit with a hammer or something lol

justdave
19th April 2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks Benno7 but i wouldnt have a clue how to do that would prob cause more damage

the ferret
19th April 2012, 08:30 PM
Whatever you do, DON"T hit it with a hammer??????? take it to someone who knows what they are doing mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

justdave
19th April 2012, 08:31 PM
HAHA thanks man, i knew that wouldnt be the answer just annoying as only got the car today :(

il take it to a 4x4 place tomorrow to see what they can do

Benno7
19th April 2012, 08:31 PM
I wouldn't be hitting them with a hammer or anything.

dan&tamspatrol
19th April 2012, 08:32 PM
Whatever you do, DON"T hit it with a hammer??????? take it to someone who knows what they are doing mate.
Cheers, the ferret.

why wouldnt you hit with a hammer the fella that looked at mine tapped it a few times to try release it just wondering whats wrong with doing it

nissannewby
19th April 2012, 08:45 PM
theres a difference between hitting and tapping.

dan&tamspatrol
19th April 2012, 08:46 PM
point taken

nissannewby
19th April 2012, 08:52 PM
and with someone who knows what they are doing and someone who doesnt. If you arent confident in removing them yourself take it to someone who does it sounds like they have either to much grease or are seized as its been stated.

justdave
20th April 2012, 09:35 AM
Hopefully it wont be too bad :D and they just need a good clean or something hahah