PDA

View Full Version : ARB Air Hose Connector Cover ???

HammerBuilder
19th April 2012, 01:56 PM
As I want to mount this connection outside the cab I thought how the heck am I gunna get a cheap cover for this , Ok well I thought for a while then took my ARB Air Hose connector for a walk through good ol' Bunnings you know the place with the big red balls on poles.
Then a little light shone down on me maybe the foot covers on the old wooden table n chairs would be the go so of I go in search & well I'll be here they are for only a coupla $bucks you get a set of 4.
:icon_victory: anyway heres a coupla pics to show you the caps n connector I mean...

& on the other side I just cut a coupla fingers off the missus's washing up gloves she'll shoot me tonight when she has to do the dishes.

MudRunnerTD
19th April 2012, 02:01 PM
Nice work mate, i used to use black ones of these to cap the top of the bars on my rear rack on my Road Bike whenever i removed the rack. Winner!

I have also used them on the bonnet stops on my GQ when the Factory caps wore out ;)

thewarrens
19th April 2012, 02:12 PM
yeah its a great idea, I did the same thing with a black one too. The only problem with the ARB connector is all other standard airline fittings won't work?? ARB have made there own fitting type. So I went to Pertek and swapped it out, then changed the line too so now I can use the air tools from my workshop. Just an FYI.

HammerBuilder
19th April 2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah I also fixed that problem & made an adapter from ARB to Nitto with a piece of High pressure Hose & 2 fittings from the local Phneumatics shop they are great blokes & have made my life a lot easier.
The reason I used the original ARB connector is cause it has them mounting plates on it so you just srew it straight into place then you just take cap of n push fitting in, no trying to push or pull the nitto sleve to put in or take out hose.

Anyway hope this helps in some small way for any-1 that needs it
Cheers TonyD

TimE
19th April 2012, 03:05 PM
The red cap off those little 220gm butane gas canisters fits after a little bit of trimming of the inside edge "bumps".

http://www.shoptown.com.au/product_images/x/369/471_T2455__24348_std.gif

HammerBuilder
21st April 2012, 09:02 PM
just couple pics of commpressor mounted n wired

Rosco
30th April 2012, 09:11 PM
I bought a bottle of water and used the the cap from the pop top.

HammerBuilder
9th May 2012, 11:13 AM
Heres where I mounted the outlet on rear step under spare tyre.

In the chassis there is already the right size hole I just had to drill the aluminium step for the big hole then 4 little holes for the mounting bolts. Its in & works well now I can reach 4x4 tyres & camper trailer tyres without moving or changing conections or batteries.