PDA

View Full Version : gq tb42 ti

phibza
19th April 2012, 06:55 AM
hey guys just wondering if someone could help me out, on my gq i have noticed it is starting to leak coolant from the LHS of the motor (passenger) at the front just about the AC compressor, it doesnt look like its coming from the head gasket but i am unsure of where else it could be coming from. any help would be great

taslucas
19th April 2012, 07:47 AM
Gday mate,

Are you able to post a pic?
Maybe give the area a good clean with degreaser etc so you can pinpoint exactly where the leak is coming from.

MudRunnerTD
19th April 2012, 09:07 AM
Could be a Welsh pulg mate, take some pics and post them here

nissannewby
19th April 2012, 02:04 PM
Could also be coming from the tell tale of the waterpump the seals may be shagged and its in need of replacement.

phibza
20th April 2012, 06:34 AM
thanks for the replies guys, well had a propper look last night and had a pressure tester on the radiator, and it does look like its coming from a welch plug on the front left hand side of the motor just above the ac compresser. Now my next question is how do i go about fixing this problem. i can acess the problem with the engine still in but am just unsure of how to fix it??

growler2058
20th April 2012, 07:08 AM
A cold chisel and a mash hammer mate. Basically you have to knock it into the motor when it's it you will be able to turn it side ways and grip it with a pair of multi grips or similar and reef it out. Then simply tap a new one in with a smear of gasket goo on it

Tappin N Crappin

phibza
21st April 2012, 05:25 AM
thanks heaps for the help guys completed the job last night and all is good no leaks anymore :)
Anyway have any info on the tb42 with gas research fitted to them?