PDA

View Full Version : TORQ4x4 Battle of the Parks - 12th & 13th May The Springs 28th & 29th July Scenic Rim

TORQ4x4
18th April 2012, 04:14 PM
Hi Guys,

We're sponsoring The Battle of the Parks competition. Get your entry in, I reckon the Patrols will dominate this one as usual.

http://www.torq4x4.com.au/image/data/information/events/torq4x4-battle-of-the-parks.jpg

A competition for teams between Scenic Rim Adventure Park and The Springs 4X4

12 & 13 May - at The Springs 4X4

28 & 29 July - at Scenic Rim Adventure Park

Competitor entry fee $100.00 includes entry and camping for driver and navi, you must be able to compete in each event.

3 classes of vehicles compete on four tracks on Saturday and rely team event on Sunday morning followed by presentation.
•Standard Class (33” tyre size, maximum 2” lift, must be registered vehicle)
•Street Class (35” tyres size, max 4” lift, 1 locker, must be registered vehicle)
•Extreme Class (anything vehicle must be registered)

Scenic Rim Adventure Park with The Springs 4x4 Park are please to run a new 4WD event the TORQ4X4 Battle of the Parks.

Registration is now open, due to park insurances the 2012 event is only open to registered four wheel drives. Online registration is available at either site and you can select on that form which Team you wish to be representing.

RULES AND REGULATIONS
•All competitors vehicles my be registered
•Each competitor vehicle team is entitled to have a driver and navigator
•If you choose to enter a class and your vehicle has items over the approved sizes, you will be penalised 5 points per track.
•Each track will be worth 100 points and the final relay 250 points
•You will be penalised on tracks for reverses, stopping, bunting and cones. You will be advise exact point penalties when briefing for each track.

COST

The driver and navigator from each team entered into the challenge driving cost for the vehicles in the challenge will be $100 for the weekend include camping fees.

Standard park fees apply to everyone else driving and camping.

For spectators who want to only watch for the day. There will be spectator parking vehicles are note allowed in the park and the cost will be:
•$11.00 per adult (16 years and above)
•$ 5.50 per student (6 to 15 years)
•Free (5 and under)

Spectators wanting to drive their vehicle in the park will pay general admission.

Ben-e-boy
18th April 2012, 04:30 PM
are their any more regulations modification wise for each class??

Cheers
Ben

TORQ4x4
18th April 2012, 04:47 PM
are their any more regulations modification wise for each class??

Cheers
Ben

Apart from 'must be sober', I'm pretty sure that's it for the time being. There will be the usual emphasis on avoiding damage and having fun.

Murray

04OFF
18th April 2012, 06:13 PM
Not that ill have a car to enter, but could you confirm the $100 comp entry fee covers entry to only "one" park, so to be eligible to win you need to compete at both parks , therefore total of $200 ?

I will make a effort to turn up with my camera and catch up anyway Murray.

Bigrig
18th April 2012, 06:14 PM
What class does 33's, 5" lift, and front locker fall into then?? Or should I just do the usual and wing it??? lmao

I'm in ...

Punderhead
18th April 2012, 06:22 PM
What happens if you can only make it to one park?

Cheers

04OFF
18th April 2012, 06:37 PM
What class does 33's, 5" lift, and front locker fall into then?? Or should I just do the usual and wing it??? lmao

I'm in ...

Perhaps they need a Standard Street Modified Drunken Class :hpfredgeorge1: (ha-ha)

Are you running 5" now ol mate ?

:jawdrop:

Bigrig
18th April 2012, 06:49 PM
Perhaps they need a Standard Street Modified Drunken Class :hpfredgeorge1: (ha-ha)

Are you running 5" now ol mate ?

:jawdrop:

Hahaha - that class would be an unfair advantage for me!!!! lmao

Same lift mate as before (5"), just lots more weight to make it look "friendly"!! lol

Dhuck
18th April 2012, 07:38 PM
your in extreme Scotty. I would be extreme :(

04OFF
18th April 2012, 08:29 PM

Same lift mate as before (5"), just lots more weight to make it look "friendly"!! lol

Dont know why, but i always thought yours was only 4 inches Scotty.........

Im talking about the car BTW ......:hpfredgeorge1: bwahaaaaa

Kinda explains why im bumping and scraping with 2", and you just cruise over everything !, i think Dave is right, sounds like extreeeeme class then.

TORQ4x4
18th April 2012, 10:04 PM
Go here to register your entry guys http://www.scenicrimadventurepark.com.au/component/rsform/form/18

Airstrike
18th April 2012, 10:38 PM

Arent you getting a roll cage?

Bigrig
18th April 2012, 10:45 PM
your in extreme Scotty. I would be extreme :(

No, no ... now I recall ... it's only 4" ...

lmao

TORQ4x4
19th April 2012, 12:07 AM
No, no ... now I recall ... it's only 4" ...

I guess it depends who's sitting in the car hey, lol ;-)

You got 35's on that thing yet?

TORQ4x4
19th April 2012, 03:02 PM
Alright, a few updates on this.

The $100 competitor entry fee is per competitor vehicle per park. I.e. if you go to both events, then you'll be up for $200. This includes all your camping as well and helps to pay for the marshalls and organising, etc.

You can just enter the one event. What we're going to do is take the top 2 or 3 scores from each event for scoring so that it doesn't matter if numbers attending at one park aren't the same as the other.