PDA

View Full Version : NISSAN "FINGERS" , finger balancing? WHERE IN BRISBANE HAS THE TECHNOLOGY???

ozzymalone
17th April 2012, 10:18 AM
Hey guys been told that "finger balancing" is the best way to balance up Patrols wheels properly to help eradicate a bit of shimmy.

Vehicle is a 1998 4.5ltr GU

Anyone know someone in BrisVegas,,,,preferred northside but will travel.

Any help will be appreciated. Tell us about your experiences! :bananarock:

growler2058
17th April 2012, 10:37 AM
Can you enlighten me as to finger balancing?? Whats that? Scuse my ignorance

ozzymalone
17th April 2012, 11:01 AM
Bl*&dy good question Growlers! Its a term I have heard being bantered about around the tracks from various tyre professionals & mechanics ~ yet in short I am clueless. Cannot find a speck of info about it anywhere on the net apart from the odd mention in various other forums (of less reputable class and taste mind you :p) about it being helpful and getting the wheel balance & alignment "bang on" which apparently is difficult in GU's.

@ the end of the day the mechanics tend to see me dressed in my work clothes (no longer on the tools but in the sales garb) so it wouldn't suprise me if they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes and give me the ole "lizard tax".

So good question and no stress.....i'm as ignorant as yourself mate! :bananarock:

nissannewby
17th April 2012, 11:05 AM
It's a part of the tooling for a wheel balancing machine i think

Bob
17th April 2012, 11:12 AM

X2

I have been told that some wheel Balancing equipment have fingers to ensure that the wheel is absolutely centered when carrying out Balancing.

Anybody from the Tyre Industry know ??

ozzymalone
17th April 2012, 11:21 AM

You know anywhere in or around BrisVegas who carries the particular tooling NISSANNEWBY?....BTW i pm'd you yesterday to pick your brain re: superflex arms, etc. You seem to know your s*%t!

dan&tamspatrol
17th April 2012, 11:24 AM
pretty sure this is it http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/steering/baladaptor.jpg

dan&tamspatrol
17th April 2012, 11:25 AM
i have used them a couple of times b4

ozzymalone
17th April 2012, 11:32 AM
would you recommend the job as better quality balance or any particular info for a laymen dan&tamspatrol?

dan&tamspatrol
17th April 2012, 11:37 AM
i do think it does a better job coz as you said it centres it better and nundah Mitsubishi use to use them dont know about now its been a few yrs since ive been there

ozzymalone
17th April 2012, 11:40 AM
Top stuff kobber!!!
.....Bit off topic but once I get a couple of my trucks niggle's outta the way will tee up a trip with you guys! Still outta action come ANZAC day though :(

Bob
17th April 2012, 11:43 AM
Try this Site

http://www.haweka.com.au/

Click on Wheel Balancing and Flange Plate Adaptors

Robo
17th April 2012, 01:21 PM
Thats interesting due to the fact that the wheels are centred by the hub axle centre, of wheel hole, and not the studs.
might be something to this!!.

ozzymalone
17th April 2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah to be honest it is all a bit o' gibberish to me Robo.....fill us in what you're thinking please ;)

Bob
17th April 2012, 02:37 PM
This will maybe explain it a bit more

http://www.haweka.com.au/#p7GPc1_2

Click on quick plate

Perhaps this is better

http://www.haweka.com.au/flv_player/hawekavideos.html

Make sure to look at it until the end

nissannewby
17th April 2012, 03:19 PM
You know anywhere in or around BrisVegas who carries the particular tooling NISSANNEWBY?....BTW i pm'd you yesterday to pick your brain re: superflex arms, etc. You seem to know your s*%t! I havent recieved anything mate it might be the computer im on or i had to many messages i have emptied my inbox so maybe try again more than happy to repsond.

nissannewby
17th April 2012, 03:20 PM
And i dont know of anywhere your best bet would be do have a good read of the link that has been posted and ring around asking tyre shops if they can do. I would imagine most well known tyre shops would have this sort of gear for high end wheels and tyres etc.

Robo
17th April 2012, 05:50 PM
centre hole of wheel aligns with axle hub and this is how wheel mounts up in position.
studs and nut mearly hold it on the car.