PDA

View Full Version : Another Aussie legend gone

Maxhead
23rd September 2010, 06:45 PM
Malcom Douglas smashed his 4by into a tree and killed

http://www.news.com.au/wa-adventurer-and-conservationist-malcolm-douglas-dies-in-car-crash/story-e6frfmq9-1225928375910

RIP mate

Woof
23rd September 2010, 06:54 PM
Legend, will be sorely missed by all.

89GQ
23rd September 2010, 06:56 PM
One of the original and best blokes out there! RIP

Next wednesday night 29th, Showing his doco he was working on at the moment on channel 7 PM

Woof
23rd September 2010, 07:26 PM
I was up at both of his Parks 2 years ago, they are a credit to him, he has done such a great job looking after our native animals and promoting conservation of the Kimberly for everyone to enjoy in the future.
There will never be another Malcolm Douglas.
I will post some photos that I have of his Parks up later.

Maxhead
23rd September 2010, 07:33 PM
I was shocked when I seen this on TV late this arvo.

The thing that really picced me off was it was late in the NEWS, he deserved front line story after what he has done for Australia.
They had unimportant crap that nobody cares about before they even mentioned his death.

Anyway my rant over

Bloggsy
23rd September 2010, 08:09 PM
Sad, sad day. I had the pleasure of briefly saying g'day to him and tasting his bush cooking a couple of times at shows in Perth. Also visited his Croc Park in Broome a few years ago. "Aussies Bush Legend"

RIP Malcolm

DX grunt
23rd September 2010, 08:19 PM
RIP Malcolm

Ross
DX grunt

AB
23rd September 2010, 08:25 PM
RIP Malcolm Douglas!

Thanks for the heads up 89GQ on the show next Wednesday!

Maxhead
23rd September 2010, 08:56 PM
Next wednesday night 29th, Showing his doco he was working on at the moment on channel 7 PM

I missed this post before, thanks for the info. Will definitely be worth watching

DX grunt
23rd September 2010, 08:57 PM
I was shocked when I seen this on TV late this arvo.

The thing that really picced me off was it was late in the NEWS, he deserved front line story after what he has done for Australia.
They had unimportant crap that nobody cares about before they even mentioned his death.

Anyway my rant over

It was on one of our local news (GWN) first and 7 News - first.

Maxhead
23rd September 2010, 09:10 PM
It was on one of our local news (GWN) first and 7 News - first.

and that is exactly how it should have been shown everywhere....I was watching WIN(CH9)

89GQ
23rd September 2010, 09:33 PM
RIP Malcolm Douglas!

Thanks for the heads up 89GQ on the show next Wednesday!He was still at it doing his own thing, No props all of his shows/doco's were the real thing!!

TOECUTTER
1st October 2010, 07:22 PM
Malcolm Douglas a true legend.
Sorry to see him go.

RIP My Friend.

TC

89GQ
1st October 2010, 07:30 PM
The last show was good! Malcom at his best

Maxhead
1st October 2010, 07:33 PM
I was going to ask if anyone seen it...I missed it:frown:
I'll have to download it:bananarock:

Woof
1st October 2010, 07:36 PM
I was going to ask if anyone seen it...I missed it:frown:
I'll have to download it:bananarock:

Yeah me to, will get my youngest son on to it asap.

Maxhead
1st October 2010, 08:43 PM
Just switched over. ta

Finly Owner
5th October 2010, 09:18 PM
Wel it might be late, but May his adventures continue in the next phase of life. He in my mind is Australias true Croc Man, nothing against Steve, but I remember being fixed to all his docos, whether it was shown as a one off, or part of The World Around Us series. At least he died on his park, the place he was @ home.

89GQ
5th October 2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah I'm watching one now (not sure if it's his last one). It was on the other night on Channel 7 and now it's on Channel 7 (two). Really really sad to see such a great bloke gone.His last is when he gets hooked by his lures a couple of times, And hes got his new dog.Pretty sad watching it!!!!!

89GQ
6th October 2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah mate, this was that one. And you're right, it was pretty sad at times. Especially when he said "One mistake up here and you're dead". That got to me a bit when he said that.Yeh that was a freaky comment , even the look on his face. Last night they had the Gibb river doco he done a few years back. RIP MAL.

Maxhead
7th October 2010, 09:18 PM
As I said yesterday, I hope the bring out a whole series collection

89GQ
7th October 2010, 09:45 PM
As I said yesterday, I hope the bring out a whole series collectionIts a gotta happen!!!