PDA

View Full Version : Run 2 deep cycle batteries off Redarc or Piranha DBE-140 systems?

AB
15th April 2012, 05:50 PM
Is this possible?

Can you run a second aux battery off the Piranha or Redarc systems?

Just having a chat with my neighbour and we have both systems but didn't know if you can run a second deep cycle off the management system.

I'll ring the guys at Piranha tomorrow but being the impatient bugger I am, thought I would ask the question here first...lol

megatexture
15th April 2012, 07:45 PM
i wouldnt see why not im running 4 batteries when im towing useing a simple isolator. but soon will be gettin a ctek dc-dc. it will just take lil longer to get full charge thats all.

AB
15th April 2012, 08:05 PM
Exactly what I thought, just take longer. The Piranha system is fairly well advanced and it knew the second the alternator died so I thought it might realize a second Aux battery and give an error, etc.

megatexture
15th April 2012, 08:58 PM
just wire one in temporarly and have it in passenger seat and go for a drive before you hard wire it in just incase, but i would be verryyy surprized if it makes any diffrence.

AB
17th April 2012, 08:28 PM
Well the short answer to this is YES it will work.

Long story is that you may get some differences in charging capability between the two because of the polarity, etc...lol...I just heard the word yes and can't remember the rest....Someone else may be able explain it in more depth but the answer I got was YES!!!

megatexture
17th April 2012, 08:44 PM
bah who cares about the rest as long as it dont burn your rig down haha touch wood.
it will still take care of your starter as a priority so just check the voltage of the aux batts to make sure they getting enough to not damage them 12.8v -11.6 is the useable range any lower then that and your doing damage from what i understand any1 can correct me if im wrong.

AB
17th April 2012, 08:50 PM
bah who cares about the rest as long as it dont burn your rig down haha touch wood.
it will still take care of your starter as a priority so just check the voltage of the aux batts to make sure they getting enough to not damage them 12.8v -11.6 is the useable range any lower then that and your doing damage from what i understand any1 can correct me if im wrong.

Yeah your spot on mate, I was told no less then 11.5.