PDA

View Full Version : group buy pertronic II for tb42s

Robo
15th April 2012, 12:24 AM
After at least 9 others to join in group buy.
waiting on quote and product physical specs for 10 units.
but feel free to go over 9 as could bring down further.
hopefully less than $185 each.

Ignitor II systems develop up to 4 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems. High RPM performance is improved when used with the Flame-Thrower II super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil.
Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2).

Ignitor II Features
Compared to points, averages 4 times more available energy between 3000 & 5000 RPM!
Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
Develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay.
Senses startup and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting. Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts down the system, preventing component damage.
Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2).
Guaranteed for 30 months
All the benefits of the the original Ignitor...
...and MORE!

The Ignitor II senses current levels in the coil and adjusts the dwell to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range. Dwell angle is increased or decreased with changing engine RPM and operating conditions. This provides more energy at high RPM, reducing misfires while improving engine performance.
Compared to point-type systems, develops on average 4 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and 2 times more available plug voltage.
Compared to the original Ignitor, develops on average 3 times more available energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM, and nearly doubles available plug voltage.
Higher RPM performance is improved when used with the new Flame-ThrowerŽII super low resistance (0.6 ohms) 45,000 volt coil, however, it is compatible with any induction coil.
Peak current level is reached just prior to spark, so ignition energy is sustained with less heat build-up, increasing coil and module life.
Adjusts spark timing over the entire RPM range to compensate for the inherent electronic delay, resulting in more stable timing.
Senses engine startup and increases dwell time, providing more energy for starting sparks.
Senses incorrectly wired Ignitor II or a "key left on" condition and shuts down the system protecting the coil and other components from damage.
Compatible with 12-volt negative ground systems.
:bananadancing:
names please

Robo
15th April 2012, 01:22 AM
retailers reply as follows.
This Pertronix 2 Ignitor is not the Lobe sensor variety just in the Pertronix 1.The Pertronix 2 is very easy to fit as the instructions mention about the slight grinding down of the distributor shaft and where.We have sold a bunch of these and nobody has never been able to not install it properly.If you want to buy 10 of these items we can take 20.00 off each one.

$165 ea cheers Robo

gilly81
15th April 2012, 07:43 AM
I'm keen Robo.

Robo
15th April 2012, 10:13 PM
I'm keen Robo.

Good, that's 2 any more?.

Rosco
16th April 2012, 08:49 AM
are these the ones that the dizzy has to be removed for the machining?

gilly81
16th April 2012, 09:17 AM
Yes that's right. No big deal though.

Robo
16th April 2012, 10:20 AM
taking the dizzy out is easy to remove and replace.
recently had to remove it to fix front cover coolant leak.
that's a job compared to the dizzy.

set number 1 cyl on firing tdc.
with socket on crank pulley bolt, 32mm I think , from under car is easiest .
remove cap ( leave leads alone) check rotor is pointing towards No 1cyl cap lobe.
scribe a mark on each pce to ensure it all goes back as it should
remove dizzy adjuster bolt and slide it out. its that easy
as you remove it you will notice rotor turn as you lift dizzy out.
this is the drive gears as they are angle cut.
this amount of turn needs to be kept aligned for reinsertion.
the same amount of turn back to original position, you follow.
Its easier than it sounds.
If you marked where every-thing was, truly you cant go wrong.

And come to think of it .
This is the perfect time to strip, clean to re lube for maintance dizzy internally.
Maintance and Pertronic is probably easier to do both jobs with it removed anyway.
Cheers

jackrock
17th April 2012, 01:52 AM
wish i had had read this a month ago! Just did mine and was impressed by the difference. Will be replacing the rotor this week. Noticeably there hasn't been a backfire since fitting. Good luck hope you get the numbers you need.

cheers

Robo
17th April 2012, 02:31 AM
Ok the full deal.
Its the ebay seller PonderosaMustang.
who will supply direct to me from America.
$165ea to me and this includes.
del, including insurance to me and includes the 30 month warranty to you.
If we get enough buyers interested Its 1 purchase only and I guess I'll have to forward items on.
with a copy of original receipt as asked for buy Mat, PonderosaMustang.
Don't mind doing all this but it will add a little for postage at your true cost not inflated.
I live walking distance to post office.
I dont mind even posing 2 together if you fellers know one another but that you will have to confirmed via email from each of you.
I'm going out of my way here to try and get you a better deal. so I won't be ripping anyone off.
Pay-pal transaction to keep it all above board and traceable ok.
if we get enough interested I will need to know where you are in advance to get postage price to you to complete transaction.
I will post my email/pay pal user up if were going ahead.
Au postage insured wont be much for size and weight of item.
If a month passes and we haven't got enough interested I'm going to call it quits.
But remember, think local supplier only gives 12mth warranty.
Cheers

Robo
16th May 2012, 02:31 AM
Group buy Closed.