PDA

View Full Version : Question for gq automatic drivers

saw13
14th April 2012, 01:30 PM
Just a question nd sought of need to get to the bottom of this one, can any one check with theres?

With the POWER/AUTO/HOLD switch, when car is started, select the HOLD fuction, turning Overdrive button on nd off does your ur power light on the switch go on nd off as well??????

Bigrig
14th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Hey mate

As you describe, turn on the engine and select HOLD - either in park or drive, when I turn the overdrive on and off the POWER light doesn't come on .. just stays on the green HOLD light only ...

taslucas
14th April 2012, 01:48 PM
Not sure on that one mate. Mine only has the "power" button on the stick. A mates maverick has the other buttons. ill ask him next time i see him. Hopefully some one else will be along soon with a bit better answer.

Edit: Your too quick bigrig

saw13
14th April 2012, 01:58 PM
BIGRIG thanks heaps mate thats what i needed to know, i have major elecrical problems lol,
i have some other problems with the gearbox which i have posted theads on here if u feel like taking a look,
also thanks taslucas any info is helpful cheers

NissanGQ4.2
14th April 2012, 02:02 PM
Hey mate

As you describe, turn on the engine and select HOLD - either in park or drive, when I turn the overdrive on and off the POWER light doesn't come on .. just stays on the green HOLD light only ...

X 2 with Scotty

When you turn your ignition on, your power light will light up for a few secs then go out.

When you select Hold, the green light will come on
When you select Power, Orange light will come on

If you engage and disengage the O/D button the O/D ( orange light ) on the dash will come on,

But the power light on the switch will not change it should still be lit orange.

Think you might have an electrical gremlin

Bigrig
14th April 2012, 02:07 PM
BIGRIG thanks heaps mate thats what i needed to know, i have major elecrical problems lol,
i have some other problems with the gearbox which i have posted theads on here if u feel like taking a look,
also thanks taslucas any info is helpful cheers

All good mate - just posted up on the other one also...

Spar
15th April 2012, 12:08 PM
Mine is a early GQ and doesn't have a hold button, didn't even know there was one but if it does what i think it does would make 4wding a whole lot easier down hill... :(

ripper
1st May 2012, 10:58 AM
Mine is a early GQ and doesn't have a hold button, didn't even know there was one
Fairly sure this is what everyone is talking about, and ours (89 model) doesn't have one either.

Acko
17th May 2012, 09:07 PM
I was wondering how that switch worked.

92 GQ wagon, TB42E, auto, 3" lift.
If it's clean you're doing it wrong.