PDA

View Full Version : Twin thermo install

patrol2.8
14th April 2012, 11:16 AM
Started the twin thermo conversion on my 2.8 have removed the clutch fan and my son has made up the alloy shroud will be using twin thermo set up out of the EF-EL Falcon plan is to have them setup so they come on automaticly but have a switch/s in the car so they can be switched off for water crossings etc

patrol2.8
15th April 2012, 10:16 PM
cut the holes and the fans mounted have sealed all around the fans and got the wiring in place and most connected will fit all the hoses and fill the system with coolant in morning and give it a test run

patrol2.8
17th April 2012, 10:30 PM
Ok job finally completed except for the cab switches as for power gains didnt really do anything to brag about except it seems a bit smoother
temp sits where it always has well under half have orderd a temp gauge for it so will be fitting that in the next couple of weeks

brodz_666
22nd April 2012, 08:55 PM
Looks the goods mate! Hoping to do this to my td42 soon

NissanGQ4.2
22nd April 2012, 09:07 PM
Where do you have your temp sender located? Any pics?

Top job, I really need to put a descent shroud around mine!

patrol2.8
23rd April 2012, 12:34 AM
Ive got the davis graig adjustable temp sender unit the sender slides into the top hose with the controller mounted near by it you can see the controller in a couple of the pics i think i have the fans coming on a bit early waiting for the tempgauge to arrive so i can install and set them to the correct temp my son made the shroud for me he makes a lot of the things i need for it best thing about having a boiler maker in the family

HammerBuilder
13th July 2012, 11:50 PM
Nice work on this 1 as the ol' 2.8 could always do with a bit less stress on it as does mine so now your thread has got me thinking !!!

Cheers TonyD

patrol2.8
17th July 2012, 12:57 PM
Hammer builder I enjoy modifing the truck if you do something like this remeber to throw up some pics

gf0012-aust
1st January 2013, 07:29 AM
how did you brace the shroud?

when I looked at doing a similar thing I was advised to take it to a fabricator to get it stamped to provide some rigidity....

patrol2.8
22nd January 2013, 07:54 AM
how did you brace the shroud?

when I looked at doing a similar thing I was advised to take it to a fabricator to get it stamped to provide some rigidity....
G`day one of the pics above shows how we the braced it if i did it again though i would put about another 10mm between the shroud and the radiator to allow just that little bit more airflow