PDA

View Full Version : Long Range Fuel Tank interior access and sound proofing

HuskyInAuz
12th April 2012, 11:10 PM
Well I'm about 75% done with putting down the sound proofing and I was looking at Long Range Fuel tanks both main and sub... There is a disclaimer/warning on two mfg sites, need access to inside of vehicle. Soo... I'm assuming they mean access to the two ports in the floor, which we've covered, but cut around and exposed the four nuts on each plate. Am I missing something else? After a day or two of putting this stuff down with a heat gun you can't get the stuff off very easily (ah learning a thing or two the hard way).
Scott

rusty_nail
12th April 2012, 11:15 PM
what sort of truck do you have mate? can you take a pic or 2 of the job? i need to do the same to my car and would love to see what you have done?

HuskyInAuz
13th April 2012, 08:11 AM
Rusty_Nail,
There should be some pictures posted of the work in progress in the 'My Rides' threads, if not I can re-post them. I had to put the front seats back in to run errands but working on rear portion, hopefully complete in the next couple days as I'd like to see how quite it is on a run to Costco in Canberra next Tuesday.
2004 GU 4.2 ST
Scott

HuskyInAuz
18th April 2012, 08:46 PM
Rusty,
Were you able to see the pictures..? I'll probably add a few more tonight in the DIY forum.

MudRunnerTD
18th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Basically if there is a hatch in the floor pan it will be to get to the sender. Worth keeping access or if you ever need to you can just drop the tank to get to it. You can make that descision mate. No big deal really. You may never need to get to it

sooty_10
10th May 2012, 04:14 PM
Might be a good excuse for me to buy a long range tank prior to completeing my interior sound deadening, easier install :) It doesn't really take much of an excuse for me to want things though.