PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this!?!?

growler2058
12th April 2012, 03:45 PM
1474314744Removed seats vinyl mouldy underlay and mud and found this??!? Soooo what is it what's it do and any idea what size fuse is meant to be in there? Cheers

Tappin N Crappin

taslucas
12th April 2012, 03:55 PM
On mine it's the thing that the empty cans get stuck on while rolling around under the seat! (non alcoholic cans ofcourse!)

Ben-e-boy
12th April 2012, 03:56 PM
could be a bildge pump mate might come in handy hahahahaha......

wildgu6
12th April 2012, 03:59 PM
Yep sure know what that's for, NOT!!!

AB
12th April 2012, 04:05 PM
Ive got that too on the passenger seat. I think It's an amp for the rear speakers mate....lol

growler2058
12th April 2012, 04:11 PM
everytime i hit the thanks button that popup pops telling me i cant access the manuals till ive got 25 posts up. I dont want the manual just wanna know wtf the little black box thingy does.......................ahhh maybe its a hint to look at the bloody manual!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah your all a mob of clowns:clownredpuff::clownredpuff::clownredpuff::c lownredpuff: hahahahhaha

Bob
12th April 2012, 04:11 PM
Ive got that too on the passenger seat. I think It's an amp for the rear speakers mate....lol

X2 Was on my old GQ

growler2058
12th April 2012, 04:29 PM
14745Ok pulled the cover off and it look like a connection between front and back looms dunno about the fuse tho maybe I'll chuck one in and get the fire extinguisher ready in case hahaha

Tappin N Crappin

AB
12th April 2012, 04:30 PM
Jeez mate are you molting for winter or do you have a dog???....LMAO

zmaster
12th April 2012, 04:44 PM
Should be a connection for an accessory, audio amp or heated seats?

Parra
12th April 2012, 05:06 PM
flick it and see.. oh wait. that didnt go so well for the last fella that followed that advice :P

from my (limited) understanding i think its the wiring for things like the fuel guage and tail lights. pretty much the rear end of the electrics. i could be completely wrong though.

i agree with tas - all my crap gets stuck on it too!

growler2058
12th April 2012, 05:10 PM
Jeez mate are you molting for winter or do you have a dog???....LMAO

Twas the chilli maaaaan sent me hair white n now its falling out!! hahshaha

Yendor
12th April 2012, 05:25 PM
It looks like aftermarket wiring, possible for a CB/UHF radio.

I'm guessing that they fused both the earth and power wires.

Have you followed the twin core wire? where does it go to?

I'm guessing if you put a fuse in that holder it will blow straight away.

taslucas
12th April 2012, 05:31 PM
It looks like aftermarket wiring, possible for a CB/UHF radio.

I'm guessing that they fused both the earth and power wires.

Have you followed the twin core wire? where does it go to?

I'm guessing if you put a fuse in that holder it will blow straight away.

Not aftermarket, a few of us have the same 'thing' in ours

Sent from my LT18a using Tapatalk 2

Yendor
12th April 2012, 05:38 PM
Not aftermarket, a few of us have the same 'thing' in ours

Sent from my LT18a using Tapatalk 2

Going by the photo it looks like aftermarket twin core double sheathed cable

boots
12th April 2012, 06:04 PM
Its the watchamaacallit for the thingamajig . dont know the part number but, sorry . not sure if I spelt watchamaacallit right either !

NissanGQ4.2
12th April 2012, 07:49 PM
Get back 2 you on this one, there is a thread on here posted somewhere that I posted a while back explaining what it is....

Its an original Nissan amp If I remember correctly, there is one under the drivers seat as well but is not quite the same, give me a few mins and I shall find the other post

taslucas
12th April 2012, 08:48 PM
Tick ..............tock...............tick............. ...tock!

Lmao!

growler2058
12th April 2012, 08:52 PM
Mmmm nuthing under me drivers seat. So what do ya rekon if i dont put the fuse and just join em hahahhahahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
12th April 2012, 10:41 PM
Mmmm nuthing under me drivers seat. So what do ya rekon if i dont put the fuse and just join em hahahhahahahaha

Might of just been the TI's, maybe I have that part confused wit something else......

Pm me your Vin if you want and I will check it out with Nissan fast, unless of course you have Nissan fast....if that's the case do it yourself *L*

Congrats on the 10k btw, well done mate

rusty_nail
13th April 2012, 12:01 AM
i had the same thing under the passenger seat of both my patrols, buggered if i know what it does tho, but i always loose money under it!

Robo
15th April 2012, 09:29 AM
I recall something alone the lines of 2nd air con connections but don't hold me to that. will research it.

growler2058
15th April 2012, 09:37 AM
I recall something alone the lines of 2nd air con connections but don't hold me to that. will research it.

Cheers under the black cover is 2 connectors which look as though it joins the front and rear looms, its just the fuse thats got me buggered 2 different coloured wires??????????

nissannewby
15th April 2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah the main plugs are just for your main factory loom. If your talking about this twin core that leads to nothing id say its been in there for some aftermarket. Trace it back to its origins and remove it.

Robo
15th April 2012, 10:02 PM
Had a quick look at elec schematics and think it may be for LHD model.

My gtr has a twin wire going to underside of drivers seat and there is no mention of it at all in it's manual.
later gtr model has heated seats as option.
so maybe for safari yuppy LHD market heated seat !.
who knows, time will tell.
cheers

Robo
15th April 2012, 10:04 PM

remember now, that was for another nissan, not going to own up to it but. lets just say family car and leave it at that ok.lol

growler2058
15th April 2012, 10:06 PM
remember now, that was for another nissan, not going to own up to it but. lets just say family car and leave it at that ok.lol

Oh oh was it a sad bird........maybe blue hahahah

Tappin N Crappin

Winnie
15th April 2012, 10:08 PM
It's a Micra, isn't it?

Robo
15th April 2012, 10:43 PM
no and not tellen

Airstrike
15th April 2012, 10:55 PM
I was told its an AMP for the Stereo (factory)

growler2058
16th April 2012, 08:57 AM
no and not tellen

I know i know........................pintara hahahahhahahahahahhha

Robo
16th April 2012, 09:45 AM
I know i know........................pintara hahahahhahahahahahhha

Na ,not that good.

MudRunnerTD
16th April 2012, 10:08 AM
Cheers under the black cover is 2 connectors which look as though it joins the front and rear looms, its just the fuse thats got me buggered 2 different coloured wires??????????

Yep its the junction plug for the front and rear looms

http://nissanpatrol.com.au/images/Stripping%20the%20GQ/GQ%20gauges%20and%20stuff/GQLoomLayout.png

MudRunnerTD
16th April 2012, 10:33 AM
Hey Growler, sorry mate just read your original post again. looking at the pic with the fuse holder and the pic you posted later with the cover off it appears that that wire does not go through the floor.

I reckon its a lazy mans way of getting a fuse into a circuit. I think you will find they ran the Twin core and used both sides as Positive for the fuse run alone. As Yendor said Definitely Aftermarket.

Before you go putting a fuse in that just trace it back to where it goes mate, You will find that one will probably go to the battery an wherever the sheath finishes the other side will split off and go to whatever it was going to power up. Maybe a floater in the engine bay!!! Should be really simple to trace though mate.

Robo
16th April 2012, 10:38 AM
rethought it could be Nissan's original idea for cat converter temp sensor this is where my gtr connects up

MudRunnerTD
16th April 2012, 10:43 AM
rethought it could be Nissan's original idea for cat converter temp sensor this is where my gtr connects up

Nah it just cant be factory! the rest of the wiring in that pic is the factory Loom! if that was from the factory it would be wrapped in the loom with the rest. Definitely junk. In the second pic that was posted by Growler you can see the loose wire running along the sill above the loom! No Way its factory.

Robo
16th April 2012, 11:00 AM
My bad put my glasses on, had a better look at pics.
inline fuse holder, bit strange
looks like at least 20amp wire.
maybe owner was short and wanted fuse where they could reach.

growler2058
16th April 2012, 11:05 AM
Its strange as one cables red and the other black?? Oh well maybe a case of let sleeping dogs lay! Till i get the time to chase it anyways

Robo
16th April 2012, 01:24 PM
I recon he mtd a compressor there

growler2058
16th April 2012, 01:57 PM
I recon he mtd a compressor there

Im the 3rd owner the second owner did nothin to it and the first was a mining company so it may have been something for them

Robo
16th April 2012, 02:26 PM
so where does it go?

NissanGQ4.2
16th April 2012, 07:29 PM
Re-Read your thread, Sorry when I first looked at the thread I thought it was apart of the amp under the passenger seat, I know the Ti's had them but not sure on any other model

You should have 3 plugs, 2 will be mutli wired that I believe 2 goes through the floor, follows the chassis and comes back up in the rear. ( have you tried following a manuals wiring diagram! )

These go to your

Rear combination Lamp
Back door actuater
Liscense Lamp
Defogger

All on the left hand side rear door

Then the other looks like a singe wire that goes to the Rear left hand door switch ( I assume that is the switch that makes the light come on your dash 2 warn you the door is not closed.

So how many plugs do you have???

Showing under the passenger seat

Showing front 2 rear

Showing where it goes in the rear

taslucas
16th April 2012, 07:42 PM
Im the 3rd owner the second owner did nothin to it and the first was a mining company so it may have been something for them

Does it beep when you get near an iron ore lode?
Lmao

tappin it

growler2058
16th April 2012, 07:48 PM
Re-Read your thread, Sorry when I first looked at the thread I thought it was apart of the amp under the passenger seat, I know the Ti's had them but not sure on any other model

You should have 3 plugs, 2 will be mutli wired that I believe 2 goes through the floor, follows the chassis and comes back up in the rear. ( have you tried following a manuals wiring diagram! )

These go to your

Rear combination Lamp
Back door actuater
Liscense Lamp
Defogger

All on the left hand side rear door

Then the other looks like a singe wire that goes to the Rear left hand door switch ( I assume that is the switch that makes the light come on your dash 2 warn you the door is not closed.

So how many plugs do you have???

Two plugs and this bloody fuse thing. im gunna have to chase it back to its source

NissanGQ4.2
16th April 2012, 07:54 PM
Two plugs and this bloody fuse thing. im gunna have to chase it back to its source

Just uploaded some pics for you, does your door light come on when the rear passenger door is open???

There should be 3 plugs

If you still haven't worked it out before the weekend I'll check under mine and see if there is a fuse

growler2058
16th April 2012, 07:57 PM
Door lights were working on both doors now after Loveday NUTIN

NissanGQ4.2
16th April 2012, 08:01 PM
Door lights were working on both doors now after Loveday NUTIN

*LMAO* gotta love water / mud

Was there a fuse in there and it was blown or was there no fuse to start with???

growler2058
16th April 2012, 08:02 PM
NUp no fuse no sign of broken glass just those two ends

NissanGQ4.2
16th April 2012, 08:06 PM
I would agree with Robo, probable a compressor

Maybe they had a cb / Uhf mounted beside the seat and picked up power from there

But still there should be a 3rd plug for your door switch

growler2058
16th April 2012, 08:11 PM
I would agree with Robo, probable a compressor

Maybe they had a cb / Uhf mounted beside the seat and picked up power from there

But still there should be a 3rd plug for your door switch

UHF is up on the dash still goin strong

Robo
17th April 2012, 01:44 AM
door wire is single core only so can't be that.
about 3mm diameter wire including insulation for door light cable.
and would run beside sill towards the back door, not over where pictured.
Its something the mine pulled threw for sure.
Does it have power still?
Cheers.

Big Red
20th April 2012, 02:00 PM
put a test light across the two plugs, check when ignition is on, aux off ... if its live use it to connect a power outlet for radio, fridge, gps etc etc

bordertech
20th April 2012, 10:20 PM
It's just a cover to protect the factory harness going through the floor.
That twin core cable and fuse holder is aftermarket. Someone put it there not Nissan

ansaha
28th April 2012, 09:10 AM
Hi I am sure its for heated seats.
Cheers Andrew

lufkin
28th April 2012, 09:32 AM
Could be anything really. For example
My car had a set top box for tv when I first bought it under the seat

Smoothrun
24th February 2015, 06:43 AM
Got me buggered

threedogs
24th February 2015, 12:19 PM
could it be an anti rust device from the mines??

taslucas
24th February 2015, 01:08 PM
Bit of a thread dig there guys!

BigRAWesty
24th February 2015, 02:34 PM
Bit of a thread dig there guys!

Was thinking that this morning when it popped up. Lol

4bye4
24th February 2015, 02:40 PM
Iv'e only been a forum member since late 2014 so I find it interesting.:D
Did anyone ever find the answer?

taslucas
24th February 2015, 04:00 PM
Iv'e only been a forum member since late 2014 so I find it interesting.:D
Did anyone ever find the answer?

From memory I think it might have been something to do with the brake light loom

BigRAWesty
24th February 2015, 04:45 PM
Iv'e only been a forum member since late 2014 so I find it interesting.:D Did anyone ever find the answer?

Yea it's a small cover which sits one the loom where it exits the body and heads to the rear