PDA

View Full Version : Wires and cables to the roof of a patrol.

Richard70au
11th April 2012, 09:31 PM
I was just wondering how people are getting wire and cables from the inside of the patrol to the roof racks?

I will be installing a couple of antennas on the roof rack and was wondering how people have brought the cables through.

My previous car, NJ Pajero was easy as they have split sliding rear windows.

I notice on the patrol that there is a vent at the rear, maybe that would be the best way to get them through.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Cheers

rusty_nail
11th April 2012, 09:39 PM
hey mate, if you dont wanna go drilling holes in your roof (which im sure most people will advise against anyway) i just ran ming up under the rear upholstry on the rear panel, then through the door seal and into the gutter. its not in the way there and wont get damaged by any moving parts.

mick.
12th April 2012, 05:11 PM
I drilled a hole in my roof. If it's done properly it wont leak at all where running wires though door openings eventually will. If your ever planning on selling your 4wd off and removing the accessories then I wouldn't drill a hole in the roof but if your like me and plan on keeping it for years then drilling a hole in the roof and using the correct cable glands you wont have any dramas and it looks much neater then having wires hanging out your doors. Always make sure you remove all the metal filings and put a bit of paint on all bare metal and I also used a little bit of urethane just to be sure.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l510/mickkk78/Ledbar003.jpg

Cheers Mick.