View Full Version : wondering about engineering my gq

22nd September 2010, 05:35 PM
the car has 35in wheels 2 in body lift and 4 in lift in the suspension just wondering if anyone know about getting it engineered in Sydney

23rd September 2010, 11:37 PM
Strizman, What exactly are you trying to do to the trol?

Do you want to return it to its normal ride height?

Are you looking for a blue slip?

25th September 2010, 10:48 PM
Strizman, dont know of an engineer in Sydney, give someone like Manual Motors or Marks Adapters a call I'm sure they could lead you in the right direction

25th September 2010, 11:08 PM
this might help you
skip 2 page 5

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_15_engineering_signatories_rev_20_23march_2010 .pdf

1st October 2010, 05:51 PM
beautiful thanks guys and rkinsey thats what the car has on it and just wondering if i could get it engineered the way it was or do i have to change anything
thanks for the help guys

8th October 2010, 04:36 PM
For the tyre/rim change you need to ensure the load and speed ratings are equal to or greater than specified on the tyre placard and the track width cannot be any greater than 25mm more than standard.

Here is the problem so the RTA states that you can't go more than 25mm beyond the maximum track width stated by the vehicle manufacturer. In the case of the long wheel base GQ this means 1605mm front and 1600mm rear, giving a max of 1630 front and 1625 rear including the 25mm.

Mine measures with cruiser offsets 1640mm front and 1635mm rear. So I am out by 5mm on each side at each end. I needed rims with a 17mm negative offset

I could have had zero off set but they would scrub with 12.5 width tyres, and therefore would not pass the engineers test.

It is important to realise this is the track width not the width of the vehicle. It is measured from the centre of the rim accross to the centre of the other rim.

Don't be fooled into thinking that ridge ( moulding process mark ) on the tyre is the centre either, it must be measured from the centre of the rims.

What this does mean though is that the advise that is always given on rim size ( get cruiser off set ) is actualy illegal.

25th October 2010, 12:48 PM
so does this mean there is no way to get it legal from ur info graytrol??