PDA

View Full Version : Easter trip to Talbortville

chester
9th April 2012, 07:07 PM
Got back today from a family trip to Talbortville today had a graet trip and the weather was perfect.
Headed of on wednesday morning made a few stops along the way and made it to Billabong about lunch time.
Topped up with gas and headed for Dargo,this is where it start's to go Pear shaped.
Flicked it on to petrol and it would not run right,the only it would run was flat out which made it hard when backing off for corners,made it in to Dargo topped up with fuel and headed off along the high plains road for Mcmillan's spur.
Made it down Mcmillans and found the mate that was already there and set up camp.
On thursday morning we went for a drive along Crooked river and the patrol started to heat up,was'nt boiling so kept on going,then it started to run rough on gas so i headed for dargo,made a call to my old man and did a dash back to warragul to get his 80 series,made it back to Talbortville about 9 o'clock that night.
Another mate turned up early friday and after he had set camp we headed for Billy goats Bluff trk,it was a good climb up to the pinnicles where the weather had turned cold and windy,the DSE were doing burnoff's so the veiw slight haze,we then went back down Billy Goats and back to camp.
On saturday we did an early trip into Dargo for a few things then went back to camp and just relaxed,cooked a roast lamb in the camp oven for tea.
Sunday Morning was another awesome day so we went for a drive up collingwood spur onto Bulltown spur,back onto Mcmillans and then up to Grant.We had a look around the township site and then went to the union mine,took the kids in for a look went in about 100 metre's untill where it has been blowen in.We thenstopped at the Jewllers shop mine for lunch.
Leaving there we headed for bulltown spur went down on to crooked river,bulltown was good steep decline with a few steeps and very shalely sections.We did the 24 (could be more lost count) river crossing's which the kids loved, and back to camp for the last night.
Packed up this morning while the tents were still dry headed off for home going the back way and avioding the freeway.
Will post some Pics soon.

dan&tamspatrol
9th April 2012, 07:15 PM
sounds like a good time was had look forward to the pics

Woof
9th April 2012, 07:20 PM
So wish that I went somewhere like that Chester, did you fix your fuel issue mate?

Winnie
9th April 2012, 08:01 PM
Sounds like you had a blast, shattered I didn't make it up there. How's your trol going now?

GUtsy ute
9th April 2012, 09:23 PM
Great trip report chester,
Look forward to the pics and hope you get your fuel issues sorted quickly.

Cheers

chester
12th April 2012, 08:47 PM
Billy Goats Bluff Trk

The view from the pinnicles