PDA

View Full Version : Cape Run

westy_1973
9th April 2012, 04:42 PM
Hey all.... new to this group but I'm looking at doing the Cape run next year with some m8's.... anyone got suggestions on what to expect??

nissannewby
15th April 2012, 03:37 PM
July is prob the best time to go.

Ammon
6th May 2012, 09:59 AM
expect a lot of corrugations and high fuel prices. depends on what sort of 4wding you want to do, but there's some good fun up here to be had. 4wding, if the track looks too full on 90% of the time there's always a easier way around it that's still fun.
i live up here in weipa so if you want any info on anything let me know and ill try answer it for you.
Cheers Ammon

Maxhead
6th May 2012, 10:11 AM
expect a lot of corrugations and high fuel prices. depends on what sort of 4wding you want to do, but there's some good fun up here to be had. 4wding, if the track looks too full on 90% of the time there's always a easier way around it that's still fun.
i live up here in weipa so if you want any info on anything let me know and ill try answer it for you.
Cheers Ammon

Hey Ammon, does the Peninsular Development Road get graded? If so, when?

How bad/good is it? I will be up there in July/August towing a Jayco outback with independent suspension, anything I should know or watch out for??? Cheers

Ammon
6th May 2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Mate,
yes it does all dry season, in sections at a time so you will find half mite be completely stuffed but the other half will be a dirt highway, so once they finish a section they will move to the next section and so on.. it also depends on how many people use it as well.
Watch out for cows around lakeland. and some of the dips can be pretty rough and deep as well.
Hope you have a good trip mate. where are you planning on going and how long for?

Maxhead
6th May 2012, 03:01 PM
Hi Mate,
yes it does all dry season, in sections at a time so you will find half mite be completely stuffed but the other half will be a dirt highway, so once they finish a section they will move to the next section and so on.. it also depends on how many people use it as well.
Watch out for cows around lakeland. and some of the dips can be pretty rough and deep as well.
Hope you have a good trip mate. where are you planning on going and how long for?

Thanks for that mate....good info.

The trip is basically half a lap . From here we head west then up through the centre to Tenant Creek where we then turn off into QLD and head up to the tip. Want to spend a 2-3 of weeks at Weipa and catch myself a barra...hahah. Then we head south along the coast for home. We have 3 months to have a look around.

SO the question is, where's that secret fishing spot?? HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Ammon
7th May 2012, 07:44 PM
Hahaha, there is plenty of fish up here at the moment.

Mate that sounds like a awesome trip, give me a yell if you ever need anything when your up this way.

Maxhead
7th May 2012, 07:56 PM
Hahaha, there is plenty of fish up here at the moment.

Mate that sounds like a awesome trip, give me a yell if you ever need anything when your up this way.

Glad the fish are waiting for me :)

Might give you a yell when I'm up there and catch up for a frosty or two :)

Thanks mate

Ammon
7th May 2012, 08:10 PM
sounds good mate.