PDA

View Full Version : nissan pto winch repair

DJ PATROL
21st September 2010, 09:19 PM
is there any pictures or manuals on pto winch to pull apart and repair... as i purchase a pto and does not free spool. would like to fix before install on to truck. thanks Dion

XLR8
21st September 2010, 10:52 PM
pm me your email addy and I will send you the winch section of the manual. I am assuming it is GQ?

YNOT
21st September 2010, 11:08 PM
If it's a factory Nissan PTO winch the free spool should be a manual free wheeling hub (the same as what's in the middle of your front wheels).

Tony

DJ PATROL
22nd September 2010, 10:36 AM
yes it is a factory nissan pto and has the manual free wheeling hub , but still not able to free spool, have taken hub off, drum only turns when you rotate it at drive shaft ( by hand)

Dmitrijs_Riga
24th September 2010, 06:20 AM
Hi. I have original Nissan PTO with FREE and LOCKED hub. I an not able to spool drum when in FREE. But when I use switch from the cabine, I hear that something is trying to move, but can't go.

my4x4landcruiser2
8th January 2011, 03:48 PM
Hi,
knowing you have Nissan PTO manual. I have the same problem where the PTO does not free spool. Appreciate if you could share the manual with me. My email address.. my4x4landcruiser2@yahoo.com.sg

Thanks in advance...

YNOT
8th January 2011, 04:53 PM
You need to have 25 posts up to get access to the manuals for downloading. We won't be emailing it to you.

Tony

Dmitrijs_Riga
11th January 2011, 01:47 AM
Well. I fixed mine PTO. Problem was.....in previous owner. He never maintained it. And never used it. He sad that he only used it several times. When I opened it, first dirty water came out, no oil, then main shaft was broken and finally HUB itself was incorrectly placed! Also wire from switch from cabin to winch was all rusted. Fixed it now and I am happy with mine PTO.

my4x4landcruiser2
11th January 2011, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the info... I have 2pcs of Safari winces. I keep it as spare in case I cannot find spare part in my country. The winch I had having rubbing sound during winching.. Just wonder anyone can give me a hand how to resolve this issue.

Dmitrijs_Riga
11th January 2011, 07:17 PM
If you hear rubbing sound best is to remove wicnh open it and see what can be wrong. It's really easy to fix it. I bet you have problems in main shaft maybe it's bend? Do some service for your winch. Change oil, clean it. It's easy. Without manual you can do it.

my4x4landcruiser2
12th January 2011, 03:40 AM
I tried to unscrew the screw on the hub without removing the rest of the parts. It can rotate but I can split the hub from the unit. Shall I use force? How the remove the bronze gear from the shaft? I worried I will damage the bronze gear.

Any can share with me dismantling sequence?

Thanks

starck
29th January 2011, 09:06 AM
Remember mate special oil to use!
It's recommended Mobile 600W Cylinder Oil
It is special formula suppose to work in closed, high pressure compartments.

Be sure if You use anything else Your winch gona brake one day.

Ashwinch
15th October 2012, 09:06 PM
Hi There,
Anyone dismantled a y60 winch? I have got as far as the freewheeling hub still attached to the shaft. Not sure how to remove the hub from the shaft. I don't want to break anything.
Can anyone give me some info on how to do this? Any diagrams, photos, videos, notes etc would be great.
With thanks
Ash

Ben-e-boy
15th October 2012, 09:43 PM
Hi There,
Anyone dismantled a y60 winch? I have got as far as the freewheeling hub still attached to the shaft. Not sure how to remove the hub from the shaft. I don't want to break anything.
Can anyone give me some info on how to do this? Any diagrams, photos, videos, notes etc would be great.
With thanks
Ash

hey mate could you drop over to the introductions section and let everyone who we are dealing with, you'll find that people will be more inclined to help you out no harm done

Cheers

Benny