PDA

View Full Version : Mount Lawson State Park - Place to Be

Rockyo
11th June 2010, 04:30 PM
I like to travel across to Mt Lawson State Park in my spare time.

It's part of the Victoria High Country and has a lot of history to it...I'm a bit of a history buff so i love to check out old shacks, find out who lived in there and what it was like back then.

Victoria high country has loads of history and recommend everyone to see the high country views.

A lot of it is dry weather only so don't attemped to go up alone with the misses in the wet or it could get dangerous but in the dry It's a ripper spot.

If anyones keen you can check out the Parks Victoria website that has all the maps and just yell out if you need more info as I know the area pretty well....Cheers Rockyo.

Timbo
11th June 2010, 08:38 PM
Well I haven't been there but it sounds good. I like the high country too, great scenery and tracks.. but also as you mentioned, the history is really intriguing.

I'll have to look into this place. :D

Cheers

Mark
11th June 2010, 09:08 PM
i've done a lot of the high country too Rockyo and highly recommend it too!

Theres some pretty crazy hill climbs around so i reckon anyone should be atleast with a convoy of 2 preferablly 3.

There's a lot of great ridges to go on like Herns spur (think thats the name) and razor back ridges etc.

Great experience to learn serious sensible 4wding rather than bashing though mud pits.

It takes a lot of skill going the high country and great practice for newbies.

patch697
23rd June 2010, 06:12 PM
My brother & I travel 8 or so hrs to 4WD up there we start in the valley. some of the best country side around & the Deer Hunting is very good as well.

Rockyo
23rd June 2010, 09:30 PM
Deer Hunting is great up there, plenty of markings on trees all over the place.

I havent been hunting much but my older brother is right into it.

stalks them down, finds the rub marks on trees, follow's tracks and stays still for hours on end.

I love it, love the rush and the hunt but I struggle keeping dead quiet and stalking them.

He manages to walk real quiet even in the scrub and I always step on sticks and he cracks it...haha