PDA

View Full Version : Td42 alternator part numbers needed

97_gq_lwb
7th April 2012, 03:01 PM
My alternator failed yesterday after a thorough drenching in mud.
Anyway today i pulled it apart and checked everything and found the brushes stuck and 1 is worn down to the point where i could see the copper wire pertruding through the center.
And the bearing in the rear of the housing is just about shot.
I was in a hurry to get it working again and forgot to write down the bearing part numbers.
Has anyone got the numbers handy for the bearing and the brushes.

It's the early type with vac pump on the rear

GeeCee
7th April 2012, 04:21 PM
Before you spend too much time on it, what is the condition of the splined shaft for the vac pump?

Yendor
7th April 2012, 05:10 PM
It's been along time since I last repaired one but I think they are both 6202 bearings.

Also have a look for wear on the shaft where the oil seal runs, if it's worn the bearing shop might be able to supply a speedy sleeve with an oversized I.D. oil seal to suit.

As what GeeCee has said if the spline shaft is worn or twisted you would be better off getting a new alternator.

97_gq_lwb
7th April 2012, 05:30 PM
The splines were a little worn where the seals run on the shaft were fine though.
So far it's working again and haven't had any leaks but the bearing does need replacing so do the brushes.

Yendor
7th April 2012, 05:45 PM
You should be able to get the brushes and bearing from any good auto electrician.

gsenyoni
23rd September 2021, 12:44 AM
Hi Guys am new here.Thanks for accepting me.My alternator misbehaved and it has been doing that for a while.The oil seems to pass through the seal and affect brushes.I have been changing these seals for some time now.can anyone advise on original seal number for TDy42 alternator?Thanks a lot.

Cremulator
23rd September 2021, 10:09 AM
The alternator in my 2004 GU III TD42 failed a few years ago and I replaced it with a Jaylec 125A alternator (part number 65-3124-1).

MudRunnerTD
23rd September 2021, 01:57 PM
Yeah I don't think they are worth rebuilding. Buy a High Outout replacement. I have a 120amp on my GQ.

MB
24th September 2021, 08:08 PM
https://www.baxters.com.au/alternator-hitachi-type-12v-100amp-e-coated-vac-pump-suits-nissan-patrol-td25-td27-td42.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
24th September 2021, 08:13 PM
Baxters are a great mob, link above is the highest output these days I believe for GQ alts/vac pump models which I too have swamped down in Tasmanian tracks and still running (after a good fresh water rear flush) [emoji23]
GU vacless variants from Baxters are tops too I believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk