PDA

View Full Version : looking for offroad buddies

luvpsi
7th April 2012, 12:13 AM
hey guys im from perth WA and im looking for tracks etc. i have read the tracks section etc however not to sure on some of the areas. so if anyone is wanting to go for a 4x4 in the next couple of weeks im looking for people to go off road with. let me know and we can organise something

Clunk
7th April 2012, 12:17 AM
Hey mate, I'll be going up fo a little run up the powerlines on Saturday 14th if you're interested.

luvpsi
7th April 2012, 12:21 AM
sounds good ill let you know as i need to fix a couple of things on the beast first but hoping it will be ready by then. where exactly is powerlines

Clunk
7th April 2012, 12:29 AM
A little past Mundairing mate, Sawyers Valley, there's a few photos of the place on here somewhere, I think there's a few in my members rides thread. But there's quite a few vids on utube that people have taken up there............

Hey Timbar, fancya run out mate?

luvpsi
7th April 2012, 12:57 AM
just had a look looks like fun as im not very experienced in 4x4 i would like to go with someone for guidance etc

Clunk
7th April 2012, 01:04 AM
Its a good place to sink your teeth into. Is yor rig stock? Not that it matters, you'll still be fine.

luvpsi
7th April 2012, 01:09 AM
yeah sorter stock its a GQ td42 with 33" bighorns and bullbar and winch soon to have 2" lift but not for a while other than that yeah stock

oncedisturbed
7th April 2012, 01:24 AM
Almost time for a wa meet up i be thinking

Clunk
7th April 2012, 01:25 AM
Ah ye now I remember........ do you find your tyres rub on the, front mudflap mounting brackets on full lock? I ended up removing mine altogether when I got my 33's.

timbar
7th April 2012, 01:33 AM
A little past Mundairing mate, Sawyers Valley, there's a few photos of the place on here somewhere, I think there's a few in my members rides thread. But there's quite a few vids on utube that people have taken up there............

Hey Timbar, fancya run out mate?

All goes well im in! !!!

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Tapatalk

Clunk
7th April 2012, 01:34 AM
All goes well im in! !!!

Nice one Tim, about time you got out again lol

timbar
7th April 2012, 01:36 AM

Yeah bout time we had another run

Clunk
7th April 2012, 01:37 AM

Almost time!!!!!!! I reckon it's way past time!!!! Lol

Im only going up there again coz I can't make the club trip down to dwelly on Sunday 15th.

timbar
7th April 2012, 01:38 AM
Almost time!!!!!!! I reckon it's way past time!!!! Lol

Im only going up there again coz I can't make the club trip down to dwelly on Sunday 15th.

Who was u going with? ?

Clunk
7th April 2012, 01:44 AM
Who was u going with? ?

If you mean the club, the the WPC. If you meant the power lines, I was just gonna be going up there with me mate in my rig. ....... that is until I saw This thread Joel put up........ thought I might just see who else may be up for a little run

timbar
7th April 2012, 01:49 AM
If you mean the club, the the WPC. If you meant the power lines, I was just gonna be going up there with me mate in my rig. ....... that is until I saw This thread Joel put up........ thought I might just see who else may be up for a little run

Sweet

Clunk
7th April 2012, 01:58 AM
Well fellas, let's get something together....... so if ya fancy coming pm me you number.

Does any one have a preference of start meet up time, I like to go fairly earlyish so I reckon meet up no later than 8:30am?

timbar
7th April 2012, 02:01 AM
Well fellas, let's get something together....... so if ya fancy coming pm me you number.

Does any one have a preference of start meet up time, I like to go fairly earlyish so I reckon meet up no later than 8:30am?

Will let u know friday if im in. ..should start a new thread so people notice it? ?

Clunk
7th April 2012, 02:18 AM
Will let u know friday if im in. ..should start a new thread so people notice it? ?

No worries Tim, are you back home now or still up north?

timbar
7th April 2012, 02:29 AM
No worries Tim, are you back home now or still up north?

Home now mate ive been in and out of perth the old troll hit 600k last week shes done some kms now

Clunk
7th April 2012, 02:41 AM
Home now mate ive been in and out of perth the old troll hit 600k last week shes done some kms now

Gee mate, she's doing well...... credit to ya Tim

timbar
7th April 2012, 02:44 AM
Gee mate, she's doing well...... credit to ya Tim

Touch wood the old troll will make 700k without too much drama

Clunk
7th April 2012, 04:01 PM
For anyone who might me interested

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?10284-Powerlines-Saturday-14th-April&p=209373#post209373

luvpsi
7th April 2012, 06:07 PM
nah no mudflaps so they dont rub wheres some good places just around perth for a quick bash

luvpsi
4th May 2012, 07:42 PM
hey guys as i mentioned earlier im looking for 4x4 buddies. unfortunatly i ran into some problems that needed to be sorted before i could go offroad. hopefully after this weekend all should be well as im fixing the swivel hub seals/bearings and starter motor and viscus fan hub. so basicly what im saying is im ready to go offroad and meet some of you WA boys.

is there any trips etc happening in the next few weeks

Clunk
4th May 2012, 07:59 PM
We'll be organising a meet at some point mate but not sure yet when it'll happen. I know the WPC have a trip down to Dwelly organised for the 27th this month, there's a few of us who are members so if you're interested pop over to their forum and sign up...... There's a link in my signature.

A couple of us go out from time to time AND we post up on here, so keep an eye out mate..... I'm tied up for the next couple of weeks so won't be able to get out but am hoping to make the Dwelly trip.

Taps a lot!!!!!!

luvpsi
4th May 2012, 08:32 PM
ok cool sounds good ill keep a eye out for sure

Clunk
4th May 2012, 08:43 PM
ok cool sounds good ill keep a eye out for sure

Did ya get everything sorted on your rig now?

Taps a lot!!!!!!

Timmo
6th May 2012, 12:41 AM
Hey luvpsi I'll be ya friend.......lol where ya wanna go man always keen to get the troll out, but a bit busy this month but keen as

Clunk
6th May 2012, 12:44 AM
Hey luvpsi I'll be ya friend.......lol where ya wanna go man always keen to get the troll out, but a bit busy this month but keen as

Hey Timbo old buddy old pal......... where the piccies?????????!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha

Timmo
6th May 2012, 12:53 AM
Hiya clunky, man still no good buddy but working on the boss to get the pics will post them up as soon as I get them

Clunk
6th May 2012, 12:56 AM
Hiya clunky, man still no good buddy but working on the boss to get the pics will post them up as soon as I get them

No worries Pauly ..... theyll be up when they're up hahaha

luvpsi
6th May 2012, 01:35 PM
Did ya get everything sorted on your rig now?

Taps a lot!!!!!!

yeah mate everything is sorted now apart from a hole in the exhaust but im saving up for extractors and 2.5" system and also saving for a OME lift kit.

Clunk
6th May 2012, 02:01 PM
yeah mate everything is sorted now apart from a hole in the exhaust but im saving up for extractors and 2.5" system and also saving for a OME lift kit.

goon onya man............ you still got a very capable rig with out the lift, but it will definitely help lol

luvpsi
6th May 2012, 02:30 PM
yeah i mainly want the lift for clearance of the 33s and for ride height clearance. i been reading the thread on here about 2" gu lift on a GQ for the bit of extra height

luvpsi
6th May 2012, 02:37 PM

sounds good let me know when your free and we will go out for some fun

White Elephant
7th May 2012, 01:29 PM

I'd be up for that, I'm just ironing out a few issues with my old girl, but definately keen.

oncedisturbed
7th May 2012, 01:43 PM
Any dates worked out at the moment just so i can work out when i am free on the roster