PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what I Y T is for in Anchors and recovery points

benmatters
5th April 2012, 05:43 PM
I Y T is very important as you can have the whole thing fail if you have the anchors or recovery points wrong. I stands for ideal it is a straight line anchor or recovery point say for example in line with your 4x4 cassis as it’s your strongest point. Y stands for YES it works well not as good as I but as the Y is you have two anchor or recovery points no greater than 90 degrees on each. T stands for terrible it exceeds the 180 degree line and will double your load should never be used. Any thoughts on this?

the evil twin
5th April 2012, 06:16 PM
Uuummm I know what you are trying to say and agree with the "Y" and "T" summation but there is a significant difference between "I" and "Y"... "I" will deliver 100% of the load to the attachement point but "Y" at a good sling angle will split the load 50% to each attachement point... ergo "Y" is actually better than "I" in most cases and is the reason equalisers, bridles or slings are much more preferable all things being equal

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3628-Recovery-Bridles-(Equalising-Straps)-and-understanding-Sling-Loads&highlight=sling+angle+load

benmatters
8th April 2012, 12:55 AM
Please explain your equalizers, bridles or slings are much more preferable all things being equal. As being a rescue operator things are done to make sure there are no IF and WHAT’S

benmatters
8th April 2012, 01:19 AM
I do not mean to be backward, I do understand what you have posted before, but I cannot stress how important it is to fully explain your advantages in say a 3 to 1. A lot of people just don’t understand, I do not know how to post diagrams to explain this but I was hopping you could. Just remember there are a lot more than just your basic 3 to 1, these things need to be illustrated so people can fully understand how they work.

97_gq_lwb
8th April 2012, 09:07 AM
so what are you saying that hooking up the snatch strap to my electric Aeriel is not a good idea.

benmatters
9th April 2012, 07:34 AM
well if it works then do it