PDA

View Full Version : Lancelin to Cervantes

Corski
5th April 2012, 04:46 PM
Hi,

I am looking at doing the dunes and beach run from Lancelin to Cervantes sometime soon. I've been doing some internet research to get prepared but I am still a 4x4 newbie so would like your tips/advice.

I will be doing it with another relatively new 4x4er friend in his old Landrover Discovery, and I have the basic recovery gear (although I've not used it yet?!?).

I understand that part of the route is through navy training grounds, and that at some times they are closed. Do you know if this is so, or where I can find out. Research suggests that the beach run through this area at Dide Bay can be a bit treacherous and below high tide mark.

Cheers guys

oncedisturbed
5th April 2012, 05:30 PM
Best bet is get the 4wd days out of perth mag, roughly $20, the boys do a good writing up all tips / tricks / tracks and waypoints to get you through the area.

Am yet to do that trip but is one the cards, remember we are all pic whores here so lots of pics when you get back :)

The section through the bombing range is closed to the public now as well so no access at any time, you will need to start the trip wedge side of lancelin