PDA

View Full Version : passenger footwell leaking

brynk
4th April 2012, 06:47 PM
g'day ladies & gents

our mate gusty is leaking water in the passenger footwell - it's not a drip like is shown in this thread - http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3172-Water-Driping-Inside&highlight=footwell+leak

rather, it is a ponding that occurs further back and outward towards the outer channel. this is where it seems to pond, but i think it is being drawn through capilliary action & my suspicion lies with the floor corner under the a-pillar (first photo) or the seam between the footwell & the firewall (second photo)

can anyone please tell me if this is a known issue with the gu 1998's ?

thanks muchly

bryn & gusty

Winnie
4th April 2012, 07:12 PM
Does the windscreen seal have any cracks?

brynk
5th April 2012, 02:52 AM
cheers kristoffa - windscreen seal is supple & complete with no signs of cracking or perishing... but i plan to test this thoroughly with a pressure washer in the next day or so.

brynk
5th April 2012, 05:22 PM
ok thoroughly karchered the shyte out of the likely lad:
- the front windshield seal
- under the body, particularly up in the wheel arch
- from underneath, the jacking point & sill
- the firewall to footwell (floorpan) seams, from the harshest direction (ie, into the overlap)
- the passenger door & window
- the cowling
- finally, into the bungs in the footwell/floorpan/
!

nary a phuc'n drop except through the bung which is to be expected (i don't think they were designed to be karchered)

well this is a bloody disappointment so far - any further thoughts would be greatly appreciated

r's bryn & gusty

Benno7
5th April 2012, 06:44 PM
Do you have any aftermarket wires running through the fire wall?
How are all the grommets in the fire wall?
Try wetting the engine bay with a garden hose and check all the hoses/wires that run through the fire wall.

mick.
8th April 2012, 07:30 PM
Do you have any aftermarket wires running through the fire wall?
How are all the grommets in the fire wall?
Try wetting the engine bay with a garden hose and check all the hoses/wires that run through the fire wall.I'm thinking the same thing. I had this happen to me also but it was the driver side. The water would run down from the plenum panel and down beside the brake vacuum and along the aftermarket wiring and into onto the floor pan.:mad:

Cheers Mick.

popup
9th April 2012, 08:50 PM
I had the same problem in my GQ it turned out to be the aircon leaking on the floor instead of going out the firewall. Dont know if thay are the same with the aircon. Hope this helps.
Cheers Russell

altech
10th April 2012, 06:57 PM
I was thinking the Antenna grommet or Air -con drainage hose maybe cheers Alex

warey
16th April 2012, 10:23 PM
bit rough and agricultural i know but use some talc powder or flower and dust it all over the suspect area and check it regularly then you should be able to get a rough idea from where its comming from and trace it back to the source.......... in theory any way.
hope that helps.
warey