PDA

View Full Version : Kenilworth

johno90
3rd April 2012, 05:01 PM
Going back up to imbil state forest to go camping in a few weeks, and last time i was there most of the tracks were closed due to the floods jut wondering how they are now?
Thanks Guys

Ben-e-boy
5th April 2012, 10:11 AM
I dont know for sure but Iknow 4wd action had the latest dvd in ammamor, Imbil and kenilworth and the had a pr!ck of a time alot of recoveries.

johno90
10th April 2012, 04:46 PM
mmmm might just stick to the tracks i know then. will soon find out, going there on saturday.

Ben-e-boy
10th April 2012, 07:28 PM
mmmm might just stick to the tracks i know then. will soon find out, going there on saturday.

I'd join you if I wasnt at work its only 15 - 20 min from home

nissannewby
10th April 2012, 07:44 PM
Where abouts you work ben-e-boy i noticed somewhere you saying something about fifo do you have a steady roster?

1madgerman
17th April 2012, 08:08 PM
Look on the national parks and wildlife service site it will say whats opened or not.

johno90
19th April 2012, 08:55 PM
That site is a joke, it says there roads closed everywhere and last updated was a year ago. anyway back from my little camping trip and was gifted by the gods to rain the entire times :( creek crossings were ok, really need a snorkel for them, hills were very steep and slippy. also a few of the good tracks had a few trees fall so currently not accessible but i had a word with the rangers there and they said their going to get it all cleaned up within the next few months :)

taslucas
19th April 2012, 09:05 PM
That site is a joke, it says there roads closed everywhere and last updated was a year ago. anyway back from my little camping trip and was gifted by the gods to rain the entire times :( creek crossings were ok, really need a snorkel for them, hills were very steep and slippy. also a few of the good tracks had a few trees fall so currently not accessible but i had a word with the rangers there and they said their going to get it all cleaned up within the next few months :)

Hey jonno, we always carry a chainsaw when going onto tracks we haven't driven for a while. Clear the logs we can (within reason). It's a good practice as it means your less likely to get blocked in and also it frees up the rangers a bit (hell, they might even have time to update their website! Lol)

tappin it

johno90
20th April 2012, 07:38 PM
I normaly do carry a chainsaw, but forgot it in my rush to pack after work. O well installed my lift today so its one less thing for me to worry about.

Gnasher
30th April 2012, 12:13 PM
hopefully a bit more dried out by the time we go on the 18th of next month, looking forward to another camp before i need thermals....

TheBigUnit
3rd August 2012, 02:57 PM
Anyone been out there lately? Looking to stay out there overnight or two in the next few weeks.

rumchaser
16th September 2012, 07:29 AM
I would be interested to know what its like up there now too

johno90
22nd September 2012, 07:08 PM
Went back up about ta month ago, everything was nice and dry except for one huge mud hole. Also some very extreme tracks and hill climbs out there.

flexgq
23rd September 2012, 03:01 PM
Where exactly are these tracks?

Ben-e-boy
23rd September 2012, 03:41 PM
Where exactly are these tracks?

hey mate, could you duck over to the introductions section please, tell us about yourself and your rig, you will find that current members are more willing to help and answer you questions, no harm done

Cheers
Ben

johno90
26th September 2012, 07:42 PM
As above champ, and in the state forest which is now open to 4x4.

Squalo
27th September 2012, 07:18 AM
Watch out for gate closures though. I did an all-day drive with a local 4x4 club and we came across two locked gates that were not mentioned on the DERM website, which meant a huge detour and we were lucky to get out of the forest by nightfall. Not good with carloads of families and food/water just about exhausted.

macca86
27th September 2012, 08:30 AM
DERM website is a joke

choppie
27th September 2012, 10:39 AM
Hey Squalo, what part of Sunny Coast are you. I'm M/dore.
Col

Squalo
28th September 2012, 04:38 AM
Hi Col, I'm at Palmwoods.

johno90
28th September 2012, 07:36 PM
Ive never seen or heard of a single gate in the area i go at kenilworth.