PDA

View Full Version : beadlocks? are they illegal?

Barney Rubble
3rd April 2012, 11:52 AM
Hey there guys, just in the process of planning my build. i love the look of the beadlock wheels they use on the comp trucks and i would love to get me some of them so i could run so really low pressures without the risk of losing a tyre due to it rolling off the rim.
I heard recently that Beadlocks were not legal for some reason. Any body able to confirm or rebutt this information for me please?
Barney Rubble.

taslucas
3rd April 2012, 12:01 PM
Hi,
I don't think the external ones are legal. The internal ones are not legal because you have to drill a hole in the rim for the second valvestem.
I could be wrong though

tappn it

Mazodude
3rd April 2012, 12:06 PM
correct taslucas the external ones are illegal.

Internal ones are ok if the rim was made to fit one. (eg not modified).

Ben-e-boy
3rd April 2012, 12:07 PM
Hi,
I don't think the external ones are legal. The internal ones are not legal because you have to drill a hole in the rim for the second valvestem.
I could be wrong though

tappn it

correct external beadlocks are illegal

Barney Rubble
3rd April 2012, 12:07 PM
well there you go.... ask questions, get answers. this forum thing is pretty good.

nissannewby
3rd April 2012, 09:57 PM
They are illegal but in this day and age you can buy bead lock look alikes for that "comp" look so depending on how sensitive they are about the issue where your from you could just tell them they are fake for looks purposes.

BillsGU
4th April 2012, 10:29 PM
They are illegal but in this day and age you can buy bead lock look alikes for that "comp" look so depending on how sensitive they are about the issue where your from you could just tell them they are fake for looks purposes.

Except that if you have an accident - your insurance company will wipe you like a snotty nose.

nissannewby
5th April 2012, 09:50 AM
True. But it seems these days they will nearly come up with anything to not pay you.