PDA

View Full Version : Seats Ripped on GQ to Repair.

Goose
11th June 2010, 03:49 PM
Hi again, thousand questions to ask so thanks for the help.

There's a couple of rips on the drivers seat and as mentioned before I'm trying to fix her up to sell.

I'm looking at getting genuine Nissan trim to match the rest but I have no idea to where to even start looking for suppliers.

Any ideas?

Mark
11th June 2010, 04:06 PM
Not sure I'd bother mate as genuine Nissan trim would be insanely pricey. I don't even know if you could even find a supplier as It's all made OS in Japan maybe?

I would find a local trimmer they would do both seats for cheaper then then your time sussing out suppliers and the cost would be huge, local trimmer would be the way to go and obviously do the other seats to match in one shot.

Timbo
11th June 2010, 08:44 PM
Two words: Seat Covers. hehe.

What Mark said is a good idea. A Local trimmer will more than likely stock your trim as it's a popular model.

AB
11th June 2010, 10:57 PM
Sounds a bit dodgy but i would probably get some nice seat covers aswell if your just going to sell it Goose.

Mechanically get her going A+, asthetically in general get her looking nice, don't spend an arm and leg just to flog her off for an extra 1k or so.

Don't over capitalise on the old girl mate.

But keep asking for help and fix up on the general issues that the potential buyer will find obviously.

patch697
23rd June 2010, 12:01 AM
another idea is to find a back seat with the same trim & use this to repair your front. it is not as hard to find a back seat & a lot cheaper than fronts as thay are not in high demand.... just a though

Goose
23rd June 2010, 11:25 AM
another idea is to find a back seat with the same trim & use this to repair your front. it is not as hard to find a back seat & a lot cheaper than fronts as thay are not in high demand.... just a though

Great idea, thanks for that.

tim
30th September 2010, 05:10 PM
i would just rreplace them!!!