PDA

View Full Version : Rectifying an existing sub tank issue

Inkbandit
2nd April 2012, 08:15 AM
Hi guys Ive scoured the forum for a while now reading up on info about these beasts and I have now found that I have the dreaded subtank issue, my problem is that a previous owner has done a dodgy on the sub tank wiring, my original switch has been olimintaed and replaced with a toggle switch, my gauge does not read anything after putting 20 dollars of juice into it, and I have no light even on start up, I plan to pull the whole dash apart over easter to rectify ALL dodgy wiring so I'm after a wiring diagram of the fuel system to help get it back to normal,
so far I have removed the aftermarket immobilliser, aftermarket cruise control, elec brake controller and numerous live feeds that where just left hanging off the harness un insulated:blowup:. I have also added a quad battery setup (two N70's for cranking winching and two AGM's for aux, both systems have been wired in parralel and run through a sonenoid) I have also replaced the Earth cable from the orginal main to include the chassis and body and have done the same with the second main battery.
If any one could post a link to the wiring diagrams for a 99 GU Coil Cab it would be greatly appreciated I'd like to get the electrics sorted before I start playing with any thing else

Cheers Aaron

Inkbandit
23rd April 2012, 07:42 AM
Bit of an update, I have since found that the sub fuel tank module has been elimintaed alltogether and replaced with a relay that only activates the sub fuel tank pump, out of curiosity does any one know if the module from a CRD three litre is compatible with a 4.2, there seems to be more of these at the wreckers than anything else at the moment