PDA

View Full Version : GQ RD2.8T Warning light problem

reactbob
31st March 2012, 06:51 PM
Hi I have a bit of an electrical problem. I have just got a 1997 GQ patrol 2.8 diesel, I have just replaced the motor due to hole in the head. The motor is in and all the wiring is plugged in without turning the key on the glow plug light is flashing and the filter light, battery light, oil light brake and door light stay on the only way to turn them off is to disconnect the battery any clues, thanks ??????

Regards Bob

Yendor
1st April 2012, 08:29 AM
Hi Bob,

Do you know if the warning lights were playing up before the engine problem?

Check that you have connected all the earths, especially the main one from the negative battery post to the engine and the one from the negative battery post to the RHS inner guard (normally connects on the inner guard just under the battery).

You could also try disconnecting the alternator and see if this turns off the lights.

Does it have an alarm or engine shut down timer fitted?

With the ignition switch off, do the indicators work?

What happens to the warning lights when you do turn the ignition on, do they stay on or go off?

Let us know how you go with it.

Cheers Rodney

reactbob
2nd April 2012, 02:19 PM
Hi,
Found the problem but don't know the cause there are 3 or 4 plugs in a vertical line next to the battery, I think the second or third from the top is a plug with one brown wire it had another wire spliced into it going to the positive terminal of the battery, disconnected that wire from the battery and all is well except no power to parkers or radio yet. Will have to find out what that brown wire does? so now I can at least stop the engine with the key and not have to stall it.

Regards Bob

reactbob
5th April 2012, 02:41 PM
Hi found the last problems it was a couple of fuses, I was sure I checked them all, but anyway all happy now.
regards Bob