PDA

View Full Version : Original - Hello and Welcome Message.

AB
18th May 2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the Nissan Patrol community.

I'm Andy (Administrator) of the forum. If you need help at anytime or having issues with any other members or see offensive language and images then please PM me.

We do not tolerate any bullying, offensive language, rude images or discussing prices of people selling vehicles and parts.

We hope you enjoy your stay!

If anyone has a Patrol or parts and accessories they are wanting to sell then you are welcome to advertise it in the correct categorie for free!

AB EDIT:

Welcome to the forum everyone.

Please click on this link below and post up a separate introduction about yourself and your Patrol as a lot of people don't read this post and your intro will be missed.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

I have now closed this post so others can't post information in this section.

Enjoy!

89GQ
23rd May 2010, 09:17 PM
Hi Andy,Good to be part of it. With the amount of keen 4WDrivers and Nissan owners around Im'e sure this will take off.Look forward to share my experiences,etc. and learn alot of new stuff.Cheers. Jeff

AB
1st June 2010, 08:35 PM
UPDATE: Sorry about the questions to verify yourselves guys when you sign up. We are just getting loads of spammers, robots and people from overseas signing up creating adverts and chucking links to bad sites, etc.

We decided to create question and answers that only Aussies would "SHOULD" know unless of course you research the answers online but as we all know, spammers are lazy!

If you are having problems answering the registration question or any general problems with registering, modifying profiles or anything just please contact us (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/contact-us.html) and we will reply promptly!

AB
17th June 2010, 02:14 PM
Also, if your a newbie please introduce yourself in our introductions section (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions) so we can meet you and help you with any questions.

To modify your signature, profile picture, avatar or anything to do with your profile click on "settings" at the top right of the screen.

GU89
22nd June 2010, 10:01 PM
Hey andy, Is it just me or are we unable to use an avatar at the moment?

AB
22nd June 2010, 10:13 PM
Let me have a look mate...Hang 5

AB
23rd June 2010, 09:57 AM
Just added lots more Avatars, if anyone has any they want on here then please PM me...Cheers!

Bernard
14th August 2010, 07:59 PM
Hi Andy,

It is years since I had a Nissan Patrol ... was a 3 litre on gas/petrol. Am now buying another GQ 4.2l gas/petrol. Many ks.... but hey these vehicles never say die ... and the bodies last "forever". However, I will need some spares and advice ... so here I am.

AB
14th August 2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome Bernard, good to see you back in a Patrol.

Feel free to ask any questions you have mate.

We also have a wanted section at the bottom of the main page so post the parts you need there and see what happens.

Enjoy!

patch697
14th August 2010, 09:08 PM
G/day Bernard & welcome..... Mate start a thread in the Introductions section of the forum & tell the members a bit about yourself. Its a good way to get to know us all.

Glad to here your back in a Patrol mate.

Cheers
Paul

Gaz
18th August 2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the welcome Andy. I've had my (sometimes) beloved 89 GQ for about 11 years. Had a few issues over that time. The current one being a worrying hi frequency intermittent vibration from the drive train. My gut feeling is a rear wheel bearing since they've never been looked at (by me at least). The car has done 289000.

AB
18th August 2010, 11:17 AM
No Problems Gaz.

Post your question up in the "Engine and Drive Train" section here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?17-Engine-and-Drivetrain

And see what help the members can offer you.

dil1014u
26th August 2010, 03:35 PM
hi all,
thnx for this site

patch697
26th August 2010, 11:03 PM
hi all,
thnx for this site

Welcome Mate, Yeah its a good place for info & a good chat so feel free to join in.

Cheers
Paul

bigfella
30th August 2010, 10:03 AM
:1092::1092:
Just added lots more Avatars, if anyone has any they want on here then please PM me...Cheers!

patch697
30th August 2010, 11:00 AM
:1092::1092:

Sorry Bigfella I don't understand your post, is there a question here?

AB
30th August 2010, 07:55 PM
No one uses that symbol much, maybe he was trying out something...lol

ye ol big night on the toilet smiley...lol

patch697
30th August 2010, 07:58 PM
No one uses that symbol much, maybe he was trying out something...lol

ye ol big night on the toilet smiley...lol

HAHAHAH................ yeah your probably right.....lol

Just wanted to make sure he wasn't have any problems posting was all.

Cheers
Paul

Robert Petruccelli
4th September 2010, 07:30 PM
Love this forum, I am new with a recent purchase - Nissan Patrol ST GUIV 2005. I live in Brisbane and I am A sales Enginner

patch697
5th September 2010, 02:47 AM
G/day Rob welcome on board mate.

Start a new thread in the introduction section (link below) & tell usa bit about yourself & your Patrol.
It a good way to get to know the members.

If you need any help doing this PM myself or AB (admin) & we will be happy to help you.

Cheers
Paul

jpvm
13th September 2010, 04:07 AM
Mates , is there a possibility to use personalized avatars, like self made 95x95 pixel pictures ? or shall we stick only with those created by you ?

patch697
13th September 2010, 08:23 AM
Mates , is there a possibility to use personalized avatars, like self made 95x95 pixel pictures ? or shall we stick only with those created by you ?

You cam use your own Avatar by simply going to the top of the screen click on settings, on the lef hand side of the page click "EDIT AVATAR" then you will see a button that says CUSTOM AVATAR with option 1 & option 2.

Option 1: click the CUSTOM AVATAR button so its checked then enter the URL of the image you want to use then go to the SAVE CHANGES button & click it before you exit.

Option 2: Do the same as option 1 except for option 2 you use the browse to locate the file on your computer that contains the image you wish to use & once you've made your selection then simply hit the SAVE CHANGES button & you should be done.

Post back here if you have any problems & we will take it from there.

Cheers
Paul

jpvm
13th September 2010, 09:01 AM
Thanks Paul , appreciated !!

kreil
22nd September 2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Andy, Glad I found this site am new to Forums so still trying to get the hang of it. I've owned my 93 Ti for 13 years now and as I'm newly retired AC&R Tech. ex R.A.N. electrician figure its time to start maintaining it myself so a source of infomation is greatly appreciated Keith

AB
22nd September 2010, 10:23 AM
Glad to have you onboard Keith, feel free to look around, ask any questions and join in the conversations mate.

fredy
25th September 2010, 10:16 PM
hay andy good to be in the group

AB
25th September 2010, 10:20 PM
hay andy good to be in the group

Great stuff mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations!

gamackenzie
3rd October 2010, 03:57 PM
Hi there, I'm a first time user of forum sites. Let's see how his works. Thank you

Woof
10th December 2010, 11:00 PM
If you are new to Forums, do not post your Introduction in this thread, you are in the correct section but you need to start a NEW POST so go to the top of this page then:
Click on "Introductions"
This will open the Introductions page
Click on - "Post New Thread"
This will open your very own thread for you to put your Introduction in.
Once you are happy with your Intro, click on the "Submit New Thread"
All done

Gabriel Chowah
22nd December 2010, 01:14 AM
Hi All,

I'm Gabriel Chowah and I live in Southern Africa, Botswana to be precise. I own a 2nd or 3rd hand Nissan Patrol, 2003 model which I love to bits. Anyways, I seem to have a couple of issues with it at the moment which I will post and hopefully get assistance, advice, etc with. For now it's good to join a community of owners of some of the best performance vehicles available.

Donbar
2nd May 2011, 08:08 PM
Hi Andy,how do I look at all my replies without going back to my original thread.Thanks

AB
2nd May 2011, 08:28 PM
Hi mate, if you click on your name where you posted above it gives you some options, just click on "view forum posts" and then you can see where you have replied, etc...

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 08:30 PM
Hi Andy,how do I look at all my replies without going back to my original thread.Thanks

Hi donbar, if you want to see your posts, you can go to your profile and under your avatar go to 'see all posts'. Or something to that affect. There is a 'see all started threads' button as well, I think.

katwoman
2nd May 2011, 08:31 PM
Hi mate, if you click on your name where you posted above it gives you some options, just click on "view forum posts" and then you can see where you have replied, etc...

Sorry AB ...

allanjune
26th May 2011, 12:47 PM
Hi Andy,
I'm new to this forum. I would like to ask a question about a problem with my GU Patrol but I can't work out how to create a question. I know I am probably dumb but some help about getting started would be appreciated. Thanks
Allan

katwoman
26th May 2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Andy,
I'm new to this forum. I would like to ask a question about a problem with my GU Patrol but I can't work out how to create a question. I know I am probably dumb but some help about getting started would be appreciated. Thanks
Allan

If you find the section you need, at the top left it will say 'start new thread.' try that.

Dhuck
26th May 2011, 02:58 PM
Hi Andy,
Allan

As katwoman has stated but would also be worth startnig a new thread in the introductions section just to say gdday and introduce your self. This will also assist you in receiving a response to your problems. However welcome to the forum mate.

Binky
12th August 2011, 02:05 PM
Thank you for accepting my membership. I'm Binky from Manila and a returnee to 4WD after 15 years. Slowly restoring to weekend off-road condition another locally manufactured GQ with the TD42.

Was into 4WD (GQ) and rallying (AE101) in the mid-80s-to-90s until fatherly duties caught up to prevail and the sale-off of a then fully-geared GQ was done. Having been "away", I was hoping to slowly get back into familiarizing, replacing and servicing the unit back to tip-top shape with the help and advise of most members. And I believe it starts with a SERVICE MANUAL.

With everyones permission I may be posting inquiries, possibly technical questions, parts upgrades and availability in regards to the build-up as it goes.

Thank you once again.

growler2058
12th August 2011, 02:13 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard theyre a good mob here full of great info and advice

patch697
12th August 2011, 02:19 PM
Thank you for accepting my membership. I'm Binky from Manila and a returnee to 4WD after 15 years. Slowly restoring to weekend off-road condition another locally manufactured GQ with the TD42.

Was into 4WD (GQ) and rallying (AE101) in the mid-80s-to-90s until fatherly duties caught up to prevail and the sale-off of a then fully-geared GQ was done. Having been "away", I was hoping to slowly get back into familiarizing, replacing and servicing the unit back to tip-top shape with the help and advise of most members. And I believe it starts with a SERVICE MANUAL.

With everyones permission I may be posting inquiries, possibly technical questions, parts upgrades and availability in regards to the build-up as it goes.

Thank you once again.

By all means mate.... Thats what we are here for.

You will find us very freandly & willing to help when we can so please feel free to join in.

It is customary to post an introduction of yourself in our Introductions section which you can find here:

> http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions < (just click on the link)

Finly Owner
13th August 2011, 11:36 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Andy, ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim

OFF4BN
17th August 2011, 11:54 PM
Thanks Andy, have owned my gq for 10 years now and am in the process of changing my pet/gas to diesel 4.2. Am really happy with the built i have have done over the years and can totally justify the convert. Look forward to having a good look around Cheers Andrew (OFF4BN)

Arman
3rd September 2011, 11:52 PM
Me arman from bangladesh.Need some info and willing to be a regular here

Clunk
3rd September 2011, 11:54 PM
Me arman from bangladesh.Need some info and willing to be a regular here

Hi Arman, drop into the introduction section mate and start up your own intro....... get people on side and will be willing to help out

benkee
3rd October 2011, 06:33 PM
Thankz for the forms and no problems with the site... thankz.. ben k

spkool
21st November 2011, 01:46 PM
hey mate i wen to the locator page and it would not let me tag is the system imac friendly

AB
21st November 2011, 04:51 PM
hey mate i wen to the locator page and it would not let me tag is the system imac friendly

Hi mate, it should be fine with Imac.

What do you mean by "you went to the locator page and it would not let you tag"?

brooks
27th November 2011, 09:35 AM
Hi Andy I am having promblems figuering out how to upload photos onto my profile and onto threads, would you please guide me in the right direction.

DX grunt
27th November 2011, 09:41 AM
Hi Andy I am having promblems figuering out how to upload photos onto my profile and onto threads, would you please guide me in the right direction.

Hey bro

I think most of us use photobucket and use the smallest photo setting, then copy and paste.

Hope this helps

brooks
27th November 2011, 09:53 AM
Hi DX grunt thanks for that info, i had a whole bunch of photos on here already but cant seem to find them or find the actual link on this site to upload any new ones. Can I only upload them threw new threads now or can I add to them to my profile, as that is how I did it before and had different albems.

growler2058
27th November 2011, 09:56 AM
I think as long as your pics are under 1kb you'll be ok i usually go to Advanced reply click the paperclip icon and then browse my computer and upload i normally reduce all my foters first or it wont upload hope this helps

NissanGQ4.2
27th November 2011, 10:15 AM
I think as long as your pics are under 1kb you'll be ok i usually go to Advanced reply click the paperclip icon and then browse my computer and upload i normally reduce all my foters first or it wont upload hope this helps

1kb, gee I don't think it is even possible 2 get a photo that small *L*

Anything over 1.9MB you will have problems with

There is destructions on how 2 post pics in this thread: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?667-How-To-Ask-a-Question-or-How-To-Upload-Photos.

Info relating 2 the 1.9MB image problem can be found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1786-Known-quot-ERROR-quot-uploading-Photo-s-over-1.9mb&highlight=posting+pics

growler2058
27th November 2011, 10:49 AM
I meant something else that I don't know what I'm talking about :-)

brooks
27th November 2011, 11:05 AM
Ok I have figuered out how to upload them into new posts but still cant load them into my albums, I cant seem to find any of my old albums that I already had on there.

patch697
27th November 2011, 11:13 AM
Ok I have figuered out how to upload them into new posts but still cant load them into my albums, I cant seem to find any of my old albums that I already had on there.

There in your profile mate, I just had a look at them.

NissanGQ4.2
27th November 2011, 11:25 AM
There in your profile mate, I just had a look at them.

Paul are you referring 2 Albums in his profile? As I don't see them there where they should be.

Clunk
27th November 2011, 02:22 PM
Paul are you referring 2 Albums in his profile? As I don't see them there where they should be.

yep I don't see the usual Albums folder either............ can they be made private??

bonysand
1st December 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi everyone, i'm sonny and I am an aussie based mechanic in the Solomon Islands and i find this site very handy with heaps of infor on Nissan patrols.
Thank you for letting me join the forum.

growler2058
1st December 2011, 11:28 AM
Gday sonny welcome aboard mate, got a good friendly mob here full of great info and advice

patch697
1st December 2011, 01:37 PM

yep I don't see the usual Albums folder either............ can they be made private??

Yep.... Just had another look then & I see both albums in he's profile under albums in the L/H column plane as day with all the pics in them as well.....

tim buck too
11th December 2011, 01:26 PM
g,day folks just found the site good to see so many avid nissan lovers in one place

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2011, 02:45 PM
Yep.... Just had another look then & I see both albums in he's profile under albums in the L/H column plane as day with all the pics in them as well.....

That's funny as I still can't see them, maybe there is a privacy setting that mods still can see but we can't. We might need 2 test that one out

NissanGQ4.2
11th December 2011, 02:46 PM
g,day folks just found the site good to see so many avid nissan lovers in one place

Welcome 2 the forum mate, post up an intro about yourself and your rig in the intro thread when you get a chance.

Cheers

Todd

ozpatrol
14th December 2011, 12:20 AM
Hello everybody :)
Nice to be on this forum!

ozpatrol
14th December 2011, 12:21 AM
And thanks for your help so far.
We are two nice guys from overseas and happy to drive a Nissan Patrol the next months.
If you have any job for us just let us know.

patch697
14th December 2011, 09:54 PM
That's funny as I still can't see them, maybe there is a privacy setting that mods still can see but we can't. We might need 2 test that one out

No mate, theres nothing in place to this effect............. This is getting a bit tricky?????

dgee
20th December 2011, 12:35 AM
[QUOTE=AB;1]Welcome to the Nissan Patrol community.

Thanks for the welcome and the 'venue' .... Can't wait to go explore in here as well as out there.....cya

kouki_s14a
27th December 2011, 10:38 PM
Hey guy's names Nate, I don't have a patrol but I have a Nissan S14a

Hopefully I can get my post count up so I can download the Nissan FAST program :groupwave:

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l639/kouki_S14a/IMG_2367.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2011, 10:49 PM
Hey guy's names Nate, I don't have a patrol but I have a Nissan S14a

Welcome Nate, whats the year model, not 2 sure nissan fast will cover it anyway so you might be wasting your time.

please no posting 25 post of crap just 2 get the manual

cheers

Todd

kouki_s14a
27th December 2011, 11:16 PM
No prob's I usually only post when I have something useful to say so it might take a while anyway.

It's a 98 model, and unfortunately it's auto. But I have nearly everything needed for a manual conversion.

stock patrol
19th January 2012, 10:27 PM
Hi Andy,Good to be part of it. With the amount of keen 4WDrivers and Nissan owners around Im'e sure this will take off.Look forward to share my experiences,etc. and learn alot of new stuff.Cheers. Jeff

I know this is old but i tried to swat that thing crawling oround my screen. LOL!

GypsyD
29th January 2012, 09:24 PM
Gday Andy I have liked your web for some time now I hope that I will contribute to this fourm. thanks gypsyd

antraxus
28th February 2012, 12:59 PM
Hi Andy and Everyone!

Thanks for letting me join your Patrol loving community!

AB
28th February 2012, 01:44 PM
Hi Andy and Everyone!

Thanks for letting me join your Patrol loving community!

Good stuff mate, welcome to the forum.

Put up an intro about yourself in the introductions section and ask any questions mate.

74 red
29th February 2012, 10:51 PM
Thanks
Ive just picked up a 74 G60. My first Patrol. Does anyone know what month the 74 was released? Cheers. I cant seem to find many sites with photos of this model. If anyone can point me in the right direction , that would be great.

Cheers

Bigrig
29th February 2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks
Ive just picked up a 74 G60. My first Patrol. Does anyone know what month the 74 was released? Cheers. I cant seem to find many sites with photos of this model. If anyone can point me in the right direction , that would be great.

Cheers

Hey mate, slip over to the introduction section and throw up a g'day with some info on you and the truck (and happy snaps, we love our happy snaps!! lol). No harm done mate, but something we ask for on here to keep things civil and let everyone know who they're yakking with - you'll find you get a better response to your question also as most people don't read these threads and would miss the question.

That all said, welcome aboard mate and hope you join in and have a ball!!

AB
1st March 2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks

Cheers

That's going back a while mate, no idea.

Put up an intro about your self mate in the intro section and then I would ask a question in the general chat part of the forum about this one as a lot of people don't read this section.

krisp
2nd March 2012, 07:56 PM
thanks for having me

Nixon
21st March 2012, 05:26 PM
Thanks Andy, Just logged on today and having a look around the site & having a play with a few posts. Excellent. I will try to upload some photos of mechanical damage tomorrow that may be of some interest to members and may need to enlist administator help. Also interested in kind offer to download manual after 25 posts. Not going to rush the posts for sake of this but what a great service !! Well done. Nixon

AB
21st March 2012, 05:28 PM
no probs at all mate and thanks for the kind words.

If you need the manuals quickly mate then just go welcome some other new members. Look forward to pics mate!!!

kostikas
22nd March 2012, 01:56 AM
hi Andy how are you ? thanks for having me in the forum.

scubaseany
2nd April 2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks - I just signed up as I work on a boat away and have just bought a 1992 Ford Maverick built by Nissan and am trying to find the schematics for the hoses as I blew a small hose on the way up to Gladstone for my job and am at sea for 3 weeks and would like to order the correct spare part - any thoughts on where I could find schematics ?
thanks
Sean

Protius
2nd April 2012, 02:01 PM
Hey guys, love the site, so much extensive info around. Thanks

oldno7
2nd April 2012, 06:41 PM
welcome 89gq

oldno7
2nd April 2012, 06:45 PM
welcome bernard

NissanGQ4.2
2nd April 2012, 08:02 PM
welcome 89gq

welcome bernard

Hi mate, Both these members are old members

Welcome in some new members rather than people that joined in May 2010

Cheers

Todd

Bodek G
4th April 2012, 05:57 AM
Hi everybody I've just boght Patrol Y60 today. Does anybody here is from Poland?

growler2058
4th April 2012, 06:15 AM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

AB
4th April 2012, 06:21 AM
Hi everybody I've just boght Patrol Y60 today. Does anybody here is from Poland?

Welcome mate, put up a intro in It's own thread in the introductions section so everyone can welcome you.

We have a few Poland members here so hopefully they can find you.

oilburner98
7th April 2012, 11:34 PM
g'day Andy,
top notch forum.

seem to have a problem, I have to re-log on every time I post anything now.
I log on, have a look around and when I try to post anything it tells me I'm not logged in and the log in page comes up, then I log in again and if I want to post anything it happens again?

oilburner98
7th April 2012, 11:36 PM
mate, if your working on a boat off Gladstone don't worry about the hose just buy a new patrol :)

Clunk
8th April 2012, 12:16 AM
g'day Andy,
top notch forum.

seem to have a problem, I have to re-log on every time I post anything now.
I log on, have a look around and when I try to post anything it tells me I'm not logged in and the log in page comes up, then I log in again and if I want to post anything it happens again?AB is at the National meet at love day, send a pm to nissangq4.2........ he may be able to help if he's not gone to bed, or maybe bigrig

juggalowkev
10th April 2012, 07:39 PM
Hi Andy thanks mate

jh5187
20th April 2012, 07:23 PM
Well done, great job setting up

AB
20th April 2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks mate, It's taken 10 years off but I'm having a blast!!!

NissanGQ4.2
20th April 2012, 07:38 PM
Well done, great job setting up

Boss man ( AB ) forget to mention to swing past the introduction section found here: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-Introductions

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your rig when you get a chance

Cheers Todd

AB
20th April 2012, 07:57 PM
Hey had 2 posts and I assumed...LMAO....Never assume because it makes an....

Barwyn
26th April 2012, 09:27 PM
Hi Andy
Just joined and put in my first question.Unfortunately messed up and it wented into Introductions.Would you be able to re-direct it into the appropriate category ? It was Steinbauer Chip - Opinions Required from Barwyn
Thanks
Barry

NissanGQ4.2
26th April 2012, 09:37 PM
Hi Andy
Just joined and put in my first question.Unfortunately messed up and it wented into Introductions.Would you be able to re-direct it into the appropriate category ? It was Steinbauer Chip - Opinions Required from Barwyn
Thanks
Barry

Hi Barry, have moved your thread into the General Nissan Patrol Chat Thread.

Please take the time to post up an intro, Some members will not reply to a thread if they can see no Intro has been posted.

Cheers

Todd

Toha
21st May 2012, 09:16 AM
Hi Andy this is toha this is really helpfull. i have already solved 1 of mine nissan patrol problem by read this... anyway thanks mate,, cheers

BRETT ROSEWORN
1st June 2012, 08:56 AM
Hello Andy this is a good way to keep upto date with the nissan patrol GU 2.8

Fred Schenck
18th June 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined a few days ago and wondering who hte administrator is, now i know.

buckaroo
27th June 2012, 09:29 PM
Hi Andy, Only been a nissan owner for 2 and a half years

AB
27th June 2012, 09:56 PM
Hi Andy, Only been a nissan owner for 2 and a half years

Good work mate and welcome aboard.

Feel free to put up an intro about yourself in this section below mate and join in the conversations.

AB
23rd July 2012, 03:29 PM
Welcome to the forum everyone.

Please click on this link below and post up a seperate introduction about yourself and your Patrol as a lot of people don't read this post and your intro will be missed.

I have now closed this post so others can't post information in this section.

Enjoy!